Registered Nurse First Assist Operating Room FT Days $10000 Sign on and Relocation
Florida Hospital Flagler
At Florida Hospital Flagler, we’re deeply rooted in the community and strive to extend the healing ministry of Christ in everything we do. Our recently constructed, state-of-the-art hospital in Palm Coast, Florida is equipped with the latest technology, specially trained experts, and advanced care centers.
Florida Hospital Flagler is owned and operated by Adventist Health System, a faith-based health care organization. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. At Florida Hospital Flagler, providing the best possible care to our community requires hiring the best possible care providers.
- The Joint Commission has recognized Florida Hospital Flagler as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures.
- Accredited Orthopedic Center of Excellence from The Joint Commission. The Joint Commission has also recognized Florida Hospital Flagler as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures
- Recognized by the American Heart Association as a Platinum-Level Fit-Friendly Worksite
- “A” rating on patient safety from The Leapfrog Group based on our exemplary services, processes and structures.
- Designated Breast Imaging Center of Excellence according to the American College of Radiology (ACR).
- Commission on Cancer Accreditation recognizing commitment to provide exceptional care to patients
- Named a Gallup Great Workplace Award winner for fifth year in a row.
We offer career opportunities in a variety of setting from physician office practices, to acute care, home care and hospice. If Florida Hospital Flagler sounds like your next career destination, we encourage you to apply today.
You will be responsible for:
- Utilizes his/her knowledge and skills in giving safe and effective nursing care.
- Carries out those activities delegated by the physician which concern medications, treatment, and diagnostic measures.
- Knows available supplies and equipment and their use within the OR suite. Uses, time, effort and materials economically.
- Cares for specimens properly and handles their disposition according to hospital/lab policy.
- Prepares and maintains sterile and non-sterile supplies and equipment. Assists with cleaning of rooms, restocking and updating supplies.
- Maintains thorough and complete record of each patient’s procedure according to established standard of care and documents in electronic medical record.
- Knows the laws and their legal interpretation which influences the practice of nursing.
- Makes sound judgments in referring situations beyond his/her ability and/or scope of function to the proper person.
- Participates in the in-service education programs by: attending in-service education meetings, participating in the orientation and continuous on the mob training experience of nursing personnel, participating in OR department education programs, and evaluating own performance and striving to improve. Also precepts new students/nurses as needed.
- Functions in the peri-operative nursing practice as both a FA, scrub and circulating nurse.
- Maintains knowledgeable of surgical anatomy, physiology and operative technique related to the operative procedures in which the RN assists.
- Uses proper procedure in the tissue handling, providing exposure in the operative field, use of instrumentation, suturing, and provision of hemostasis.
- Responds to code situation within the department
- Participates in hospital/community functions as needed.
- Floats to other surgical service units as patient/census needs require. Reviews policies and procedures as they relate to nursing functions in Operating Room and recommends those changes.
- Assists in any other tasks as directed by the specialty coordinator/charge nurse or manager.
What will you need?
- Current Florida Registered Nurse license required
- Documented completion of RNFA program (exception: CRNFA certified prior to 1998)
- One to two years of general nursing experience in an acute care setting
- Computer proficiency required
- Perioperative Nursing experience