Cook Food and Nutrition Services FT Days
Shawnee Mission Health
SMH has provided faith-based, whole person care to the Kansas City community since 1962. SMH is more than just a hospital campus. We’re a network of health care facilities working to exceed expectations by delivering quality care with compassion and supporting an exceptional staff of more than 700 physicians representing 50 medical specialties.
Our mission of Improving Health Through Christian Service is achieved each and every day through the dedication and commitment of our associates, physicians and volunteers. We strive to be a regional beacon of wellness, hope and healing attracting customers seeking unsurpassed clinical quality and compassionate care for the whole person, following the example of Christ's healing ministry.
The largest health care provider in Johnson County, Kansas, the SMH network includes SMMC and SMH - Prairie Star and will soon include SMH - Blue Valley, a third major health care facility. Our 54-acre campus at SMMC is comprised of the main hospital, a community health education building, six physician office buildings and an associate child care center. The Emergency Department at SMMC is the busiest in Johnson County. We deliver more babies each year at the Shawnee Mission Birth Center than any other hospital in the metropolitan area and our Center for Women’s Health is nationally recognized. We have seven Shawnee Mission Primary Care locations with more than 30 Board-certified doctors who specialize in family medicine, internal medicine and pediatrics as well as Centra Care Shawnee Mission Urgent Care locations.Qualifications
- Works collaboratively with Leadership and storeroom and prep areas to provide necessary provision of food and supplies.
- Maintains flexibility when staffing needs require a change in scheduling.
- Listens openly to constructive criticism.
- Demonstrates and conveys a favorable image of the Medical Center.
- Accurately documents food usage.
- Rotates stock to ensure standards are being met. Labels and dates food items according to procedure.
- Incorporates patient, physician, customer needs and concerns into decision-making and organizational action.
- Prepares hot food according to standardized recipes in the correct amounts for patients, child care, catering and cafeteria.
- Organizes batch-cooking schedule so food is available throughout service to ensure optimal food quality and temperatures.
- Sets up food in hot food counters and delivers food as needed to patient and cafeteria lines and warmers.
- Assists with patient tray line assembly, serving items according to patient menu.
- Maintains an orderly and sanitary storage area.
- Assumes personal responsibility for care of work areas and equipment.
- Demonstrates improved outcomes through effective communication and follow up.
- Takes initiative to identify and analyze problems; generates alternative solutions. Takes appropriate risks that lead to improved work practices.
- Demonstrates and promotes high standards for quality and productivity; focuses on results.
- Suggest menu additions and test new recipes.
- Demonstrates professionalism and accountability.
- Examines existing processes and problems and continuously looks for ways to do things better.
- Takes initiative to improve skills and knowledge.
- Initiates and implements new recipe ideas for catering and cafeteria.
- Maintains a high degree of initiative to prevent waste and makes effective use of leftovers.
- Continually evaluates ways to control food and supply costs.
- Exhibits good judgment and time management skills to accomplish daily tasks.
- Is versatile and able to assume a number of different duties.
- Is fiscally responsible and suggests cost-saving measures.
- Adjusts schedule when low volumes require leaving early.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2 to 5 Years of Position-Related Experience
- Experience in quantity food production
- Associate’s Degree or Graduate of a Technical School Preferred
- 5+ Years of Position-Related Experience Preferred
- Experience with healthcare cooking Preferred
- ServSafe Certification Preferred