Certified Medical Assistant Referral Care Coordinator Full Time
Req #: 17008137
Location: San Marcos, TX
Job Category: Physician Services
Organization: Live Oak Health Partners
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Central Texas Medical Center- Live Oak Health Partners Primary Care
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we have received a Mother-Friendly Worksite designation from the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Our 178-bed hospital includes a Level IV Emergency and Trauma Center, Women’s Center, Level II NICU, Sleep Improvement Center, Institute for Advanced Wound Care Healing, Rehabilitation Institute, home health and hospice care. Through our CREATION Health Institute, we also play an active role in offering free health education and community events to help support a healthy lifestyle.
You will be responsible for:
- Answer calls regarding coordination of care in a professional and courteous manner.
- Request and document in referral template referrals to Specialist, track and follow up on pending referrals, document and notify patients regarding referrals.
- Fax appropriate patient records, labs, reports to provider and or insurance company.Document release of information in the HPI template.
- Schedule patients for procedures/tests per patient or provider request.
- Obtain prior-authorization when required for order for images.
- Obtain prior-authorization for medications when required.
- Provide medical information to insurance companies when requested.
- Responsible for the receiving, documenting, interpretation and maintaining of all patient written or verbal orders into the EMR.
- Enters all required patient demographic information into the EMR correctly.
- Communicate with providers, staff and patients to secure positive feedback and continuous process improvement.
- Completes referral request by working task in EMR, documenting correctly and communicating with provider, and patient.
- Maintains a close working relationship with provider, patient and staff to insure all patient referrals are complete, medication and test have been pre authorized when required.
- Responsible for communicating with patient and physician offices to ensure coordination of care.
- Performs other duties as needed to ensure optimal customer satisfaction as assigned by provider, clinic supervisor or Clinic Director.
What will you need?
- High School Diploma or General Education (GED)
- Must hold a degree as a Certified Medical Assistant from an accredited School
- Must hold a current certificate in C.P.R.
- Must hold a current certification as a CMA in the state of Texas.
- Spanish speaking preferred