Medical Technologist PT Microbiology
Req #: 17010477
Location: Tampa, FL
Job Category: Laboratory
Organization: Florida Hospital Tampa
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Every Other Weekend Days - Saturday & Sunday
(Possibly 1 day during the week-Days/Evenings )
Florida Hospital Tampa
You will be responsible for:
- Service: Patient First/Service Management/Standards of Excellence
- Patient Satisfaction and Client Satisfaction meet organizational goals.
- Performs laboratory procedures in a timely manner meeting defined parameters.
- Promotes the Patient First Campaign.
- People: Cooperation, Collaboration, Diversity, Teamwork.
- Works as part of the departmental team.
- Demonstrates care for one another and respect for each persons’ unique contributions.
- Works at alternate hospital sites or, Microbiology staff must work outside the department.
- Finance: Cost Reduction, Expense Management, and Effective use of supplies.
- Contributes to positive departmental budget initiatives.
- Time Management.
- Outcomes: Performance Improvement/Accountability.
- Proficiency Testing (PT) is performed in the same manner as patient testing maintaining performance guidelines.
- Performance Improvement.
- Adheres to the laboratories Quality Control policies and procedures.
- Growth: Personal & Professional Growth
- Regulatory Inspection Readiness
- Leadership Development
- Additional duties as assigned
What will you need?
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills.
- Ability and willingness to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to work and willingness to work flexible schedules, including nights, weekends, holidays, etc.
- Ability and willingness to work at multiple facilities and/or in multiple departments.
- Ability and willingness to adapt to change.
- Knowledge of laboratory rules and regulations including: CAP, CLIA and State of Florida.
- Strong interest in development of leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Associate’s Degree
- Science degree meeting state licensure requirements (64B3-5.003).
- Minimum two years’ experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Medical Technology (preferred)
- More than two years’ experience in at least Hematology, Chemistry, Immunology and Microbiology preferred (preferred)
- State of Florida - Technologist Licensed in Microbiology, Hematology, Chemistry and Immunology.