Lead Echocardiographer Gordon Hospital
Req #: 17010676
Location: Calhoun, GA
Job Category: Cardiology
Organization: Gordon Hospital and Murray Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Gordon Hospital is a 69-bed community hospital that is a member of Adventist Health System, the largest not-for-profit Protestant healthcare system in the world. We provide high quality, personalized and compassionate care to its patients and community. Through our dedication to safety, rigorous self-assessment, performance improvement, corporate integrity, and service management, we are committed to being the pre-eminent provider of acute inpatient and outpatient healthcare services for the residents of Calhoun, Gordon County, and surrounding areas.Qualifications
Performs diagnostic Echo imaging procedures. Maintains records of examinations performed. Obtains and documents patient clinical information as needed. Participates in standby call. Performs basic patient care within scope of practice and to departmental standards. Assists in radiology department as needed. Responsibility to adhere to the Gordon Hospital Corporate compliance plan, to the rules and regulations of all local, state, and Federal agencies, and to the standards of all accrediting bodies
You will be responsible for:
- Responsible for Echo accreditation and reaccreditation images and reports
- Performs those duties directly involved with a variety of technical procedures for the purpose of detecting pathology.
- Assures responsibilities for the patient flow and all other matters pertaining to patient care, ensures patient and employee safety
- Recommends action necessary for improvement of the overall discipline and other actions regarding personnel.
- The technologist is directly involved in a variety of Echo and radiography procedures has an extensive experience with available ultrasound equipment in terms of product evaluation, troubleshooting and quality control.
- Establishes and maintains a good rapport and professional relationship with fellow employees, other departments and medical staff.
- Accepts call responsibilities in accordance with departmental policy.
- Maintains acceptable standards of performance and responsibility according to department policy and procedures on a daily basis.
- Maintains workstation/area and equipment in acceptable working order and cleanliness.
- Direct patient responsibility for geriatric, adult, adolescent, pediatric, and neonatal patient care until the patient is returned to his/her room or until outpatient is discharged.
- If he/she is registered or cross-trained in other modalities they will be expected to rotate thru those areas as needed.
- He/ she will be expected to participate in performance improvement projects as needed.
What will you need?
- Must have detailed knowledge of ultrasound physics as well as cross-sectional and vascular anatomy and Doppler techniques in order to perform independent procedures to Cardiologist standards.
- Must be able to use computer system for data entry and retrieval.
- Patient care and communication skills as needed to deal with patients from infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric age groups.
- RDMS or RDCS Certification
- Must be a graduate of an accredited Echocardiography school
- Must be ARDMS/RDCS certified
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- Two years of echo experience preferred