Director of Women Services
Florida Hospital Heartland
Florida Hospital Heartland Medical Center has provided faith-based, whole person care to the community for more than 65 years. That means we take into consideration the mind, body and spirit when designing each of our services and developing personalized treatment plans for patients. In addition to offering all-private rooms, our campus includes a comprehensive fitness center, community education center, and resource library to help community members achieve optimal health. We also house the area’s largest hospital-based laboratory, radiology services, and comprehensive diagnostic and treatment facilities.
Awards and Recognition
As a member of Adventist Health System, we have received the Gallup Great Workplace Award five years in a row for having one of the most engaged and best performing workforces in the world. We have also achieved HIMSS Level 6 for our electronic medical record adoption.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Collaborates with the Chief Nursing Officer, Clinical Education, Nursing/Clinical Leaders, Schools of Nursing and other entities in the determination of clinical, educational and administrative nursing goals as well as associated functions and processes necessary to achieve those goals;
· Demonstrates a positive, collaborative attitude to the interdisciplinary process.
· Assists in ensuring that the diversity of the nursing workforce reflects the community population diversity to ensure the delivery of culturally competent care;
2. Uses allocated human, material and financial resources to achieve patient care services goals;
· Participates in annual budget preparation for areas of responsibility. Recommends staffing requirements in areas based on volume, severity of illness, and standards for care delivery. Is accountable for the financial operation of the departments of oversight.
· Assumes an active role in the implementation of technologies to meet the needs of professional nursing.
3 Evaluates and recommends revisions to systems and processes of nursing services to ensure achievement of nurse-sensitive patient care outcomes;
· Participates in the analysis of care delivery systems and the development/implementation of changes to enhance delivery of care.
4. Provides leadership in critical thinking, problem solving, managing conflict and addressing ethical issues; participates in leading/directing hospital/patient care projects/teams.
· Provides opportunities for consumer input into personal healthcare decisions and policy development; participates in community outreach programs related to Women’s Health needs.
5. Serves as an agent of change, assisting all staff in understanding the importance, necessity, impact and process of change;
· Disseminates information from hospital leadership, medical staff, and patient care meetings to staff.
· Serves as a professional role model and mentor to motivate, develop, recruit and retain future nursing management staff; develops and evaluates staff's clinical competency and annual performance.
· Participates in the dissemination and utilization of research to ensure evidenced based nursing, management and administrative systems.
· Promotes staff involvement in decision making at various level within areas of responsibility.
· Acts as a liaison to the physicians, staff and administration.
· Provides effective fiscal management for departments of responsibility.
· Pursues educational and research opportunities for professional growth.
· Oversees orientation, in-service training and continuing education of all persons in department of responsibilities.
· Oversees or responsible for hiring, disciplinary actions and termination of staff. Ensures proper and relevant documentation of all disciplinary and termination actions.
· Oversees or completes items such as staff annual evaluations, stay interviews, regular employee rounds.
· Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Patient care equipment and supplies, computers, electronic medical record, computer programs including Microsoft Office, PeopleSoft, ISynergy, Clairvia electronic scheduling and telephones, printer, nurse/patient intercom system, etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing
· Broad knowledge base of healthcare trends, technology and profession
· Five year’s progressive experience in a management position
· Communication skills which enhance and motivate staff
· Demonstrated leadership and teaching abilities
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Advanced Degree, Graduate level education in such areas as Master of Science in Nursing, Education or other related field, Master of Business Administration or other related field in Administration
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Florida Registered Nurse license
· Basic Life Support
· Neonatal Resuscitation Program within 90 days of employment
· Advanced Cardiac Life Support within 90 days of employment
· AWHONN Advanced fetal monitoring within 90 days of employment
· Restraint Management Training, Face to Face within 90 days of employment
· Maintains professional organization membership related to service line, (AWHONN)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- Certification in specialty area