Seasonal Respiratory Therapist Adv II PRN Nights
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Responsible for the delivery of care to patients with conditions that affect their respiratory status. This includes the delivery of aerosolized medication, oxygen therapy, invasive and non-invasive ventilation, and lung function testing. Employee is responsible for the drawing, analyzing, and resulting of blood gases.
· Responds to rapid response, code blue and performs CPR
· If filling in as “Lead” for shift, reviews work-load and assists in determining proper staff for following shift and next day. Makes staff assignment, is a resource to staff for technical questions, ensures that work on the shift is completed, ensures completed ECG’s are removed from list and ensures that overdue task and medication list is cleared off.
· Employee is responsible for following the regulatory requirements in of the blood gas lab; running of quality control as needed and changing of analyzer cartridges.
· Proper time management and prioritization skills
· Follow established policies
· Care and weaning of the post open heart patients
· Documentation on interdisciplinary education and plan of care
· Participates in interdisciplinary rounds. Provides input to help ensure patients are receiving care based on their condition which can impact length of stay and re-admission rate
· Makes decisions and takes actions that consider the needs of the department and co-workers
· Assists with clinical instruction, precepts and serves as a resource person to lower level therapists
· Set up, monitor, and make changes on all ventilators, invasive and non-invasive, including documentation of all changes in i-view
· Assist with bedside bronchoscopy
· Non-invasive Bi-level application and management
· End tidal C02 capnography application and management
· Can complete therapy driven protocols appropriately and able to determine best respiratory care for the patient. Patients are placed on appropriate therapy per their condition and diagnosis.
· Respiratory monitoring and pulse ox application
· Checks overdue medication and task list prior to end of shift and completes outstanding orders.
· All errors, inefficiencies, and inaccuracies are brought to the management’s attention.
· Identify and implement methods to control costs while providing maximum value to the patient and the hospital through appropriate use and maintenance of supplies and equipment.
· Performs ECG’s
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Graduate of approved respiratory therapy program prior to obtaining license or grandfathered in prior to licensure
· Basic computer knowledge including, word and excel, and computerized medical record documentation
· Mechanical and non-invasive ventilation knowledge
· Minimum of three years’ acute care hospital experience with one year minimum critical care experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- RRT or CRT Florida State License.
· Maintains continuing education to meet regulatory requirements for licensure.
- BLS, NRP. If does not have NRP must be obtained within six months of hire