Certified Nursing Assistant Care Partner - PRN Nights
Req #: 17011226
Location: Sebring, FL
Job Category: Patient Care
Organization: Florida Hospital Heartland
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Florida Hospital Heartland
You will be responsible for:
- Assists in the patient/family care using established techniques with the multidisciplinary team.
- Follows the principals of AIDET in all patient and family interactions.
- Assists the patient with activities of daily living as ordered by the physician
- Distributes food trays to patients. Assists patient with tray preparation and feeding as required.
- Maintains the patient's environment in manner that promotes cleanliness, patient comfort and patient safety.
- Responds to patient call lights/bells, cares for the needs of the patient according to her/his skill level.
- Prepares the room to receive a new admission: zeros the bed scale, personal care items, linen, vital sign equipment, etc.
- Welcomes new admission, orients patient to room.
- Transfers patients from beds onto stretchers or beds or into wheelchairs with assistance of other patient care personnel when required.
- Ensures patient and personal safety by following proper lifting and patient transporting techniques.
- Provides patients with fresh water at established intervals
- Documents personal care, intake and output, vital signs and weights as outlined in policy.
- Maintains clinical competency.
- Attends mandatory hospital in-services and continuing education.
- Successful completion of annual skills fair.
- Performs patient care as delegated following hospital policies.
- Participates in the patient/family care, utilizing established techniques as part of the multidisciplinary team
- Incorporates principles of infection control, fire & safety, and biohazardous waste handling into daily routines.
- Maintains clinical competencies for patient population.
- Collects patient specimens (urine, stool, sputum), labels at bedside comparing two unique patient identifiers, and send to lab for analysis according to protocol and communicate to nurse.
- Promptly reports changes in patients’ status to the appropriate RN/LPN promptly.
- Recognizes emergency situations and acts appropriately.
- Maintains current clinical, technical and professional competencies.
- Accepts responsibility for one’s own professional standards.
- Accepts responsibility for one’s own actions by initiating the incident report mechanisms
- Attends a minimum of 75% of scheduled staff meetings annually.
- Attends mandatory hospital in-services annually.
- Complies with departmental, divisional and hospital policies and standards.
- Demonstrates awareness of the rising costs of healthcare and implements budgetary containment measures.
- Maintains equipment in its proper working condition; identifies malfunctioning equipment and takes appropriate action.
- Seeks and accepts constructive criticism and implements actions designed for self-improvement.
- Assists in the organization and operations of the unit via guidelines, policy, and procedures.
- Performs ordered 12-lead electrocardiogram as directed by RN (ED only)
- Other duties as assigned
- Monitor, report, and document changes in patient’s thought, behavior, and mood.
- Conduct therapeutic groups and activities, as assigned.
- Participate in multidisciplinary treatment team.
- Assist case manager in all legal paperwork regarding voluntary and involuntary admissions.
What will you need?
- Mature judgment and the ability to handle confidential information within Florida Hospital guidelines and applicable regulations.
- Personal qualities such as kindness, compassion, understanding, integrity, respect, sense of humor, discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate verbally in English and in written form with persons of varied backgrounds in a respectful, effective and professional manner.
- Ability to learn and apply computer related applications and programs, including using electronic keyboards and other peripheral devices.
- Critical thinking / problem solving skills
- Teamwork, tact and conflict resolution
- Organizational, multitasking and prioritization skills
- Performs accurate documentation within the electronic medical record
- Basic computer skills
- Customer service skill
- Certificate of completion Nursing Assistant Program
- Medical terminology knowledge preferred
- Previous CNA Experience preferred
- Previous 12 lead EKG experience preferred (Emergency Department only)
- Florida C.N.A. License required
- BLS required
- CPI prior to or within 6 months of employment (Emergency Department and Behavioral Health Unit)