Registered Nurse (RN) II Med Surg Full Time Nights Gordon Hospital
Murray Medical Center
Murray Medical Center has provided quality care to the Murray County community for more than 50 years. In that time, we have been recognized with numerous awards for excellence in patient satisfaction, employee engagement, and treatment protocols. Inspired by our mission of Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ, we continue to look for ways to bring hope, health and healing to the patients we have the honor of caring for. As a member of Adventist Health System, one of the largest faith-based healthcare organizations in the U.S., we also offer world-class opportunities for our team members to learn, grow and serve across the nation.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Registered Professional Nurse (RN II) is an RN with more than 1 year of
experience. This RN is responsible for the delivery of coordinated nursing care for a patient and/or and assigned group of patients within a patient care unit and for the day-to-day management and supervision of the related clinical activities. The Registered Nurse is also responsible for supervising and responsibly directing the activities of various levels of assigned nursing and ancillary personnel utilizing both professional and supervisory discretion and independent judgment, while practicing within the state, facility and regulatory guidelines.
The nurse is responsible for execution of the Nursing Process:
- Assessment – The nurse collects patient health data.
- Diagnosis – The nurse analyzes the assessment data in determining diagnoses.
- Outcome Identification – The nurse identifies expected outcomes individualized to the patient.
- Planning – The nurse develops a plan of care that prescribes interventions to attain expected outcomes.
- Implementation – The nurse implements the interventions identified in the plan of care.
- Evaluations – The nurse evaluates the patient’s progress toward attainment of outcomes.
- Current Georgia RN license
- ACLS and PALS within the first year of employment
- At least 1 year experience in acute care setting
- BSN strongly preferred
- TNCC preferred
- CEN preferred