Registered Nurse Emergency Department - Full Time Nights
Req #: 17012361
Location: Zephyrhills, FL
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Florida Hospital Zephyrhills and Dade City
Potential Referral Bonus: $17012361
Full Time Nights
Florida Hospital Zephyrhills
You will be responsible for:
- Utilize the nursing process to provide quality care to the patient.
- Identifies and initiates patient care requirements in collaboration with triage, nursing assessment and physician order(s).
- Establish a personal rapport with patients and other persons involved in understanding the care requirements.
- Provide a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Promotes patient independence by establishing patient care goals and includes education to the patient, friends, and family that will support health promotion.
- Assures quality of care by:
- adhering to patient care standards
- compliance with core measures as measured by the organization
- measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards
- Adherence to care standards set forth by the state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing body/agency regulations.
- Resolves patient concerns by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by ascertaining all aspects of patient care.
- Protect the health of patients, families, and employees by adhering to all infection-control policies.
- Initiates protocols and administers medication in accordance with regulations as indicated by the organization.
- Completes documentation per organizational and/or department specific policy.
- Ensure the safe and efficient use of equipment; troubleshooting malfunctions and following procedures for repair.
What will you need:
- Basic computer knowledge
- Commitment to purposeful hourly rounding
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Complete arrhythmia test or course within ninety days
- Current American Heart Association ACLS certification (must be maintained current)
- Current American Heart Association PALS or ENPC certification (must be maintained current)
- Current Florida state Registered Nurse licensure
- Current American Heart Association BLS certification
- Current or completion of NIHSS stroke certification within thirty days
- Experience with computerized documentation (Preferred)
- 2 – 3 years of Emergency Department experience (Preferred)
- TNCC within one year of hire (Preferred)
- NRP within one year of hire (Preferred)
- Certified Emergency Nurse Certification (Preferred)
- BSN (Preferred)