Req #: 17012380
Location: San Marcos, TX
Job Category: Pharmacy
Organization: Central Texas Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $1000
Central Texas Medical Center
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we have received a Mother-Friendly Worksite designation from the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Our 178-bed hospital includes a Level IV Emergency and Trauma Center, Women’s Center, Level II NICU, Sleep Improvement Center, Institute for Advanced Wound Care Healing, Rehabilitation Institute, home health and hospice care. Through our CREATION Health Institute, we also play an active role in offering free health education and community events to help support a healthy lifestyle.
You will be responsible for:
- Assure that the pharmacy is staffed by a sufficient number of competent personnel and that a pharmacist is on duty during hours of operation and on call when the pharmacy is closed.
- Maintains all licenses in a current valid state.
- Directs workload to assure that pharmacists and non-pharmacists have duties consistent with their training and experience, and that non-pharmacists do not perform duties not allowed by law.
- Assures that drug storage throughout the hospital conforms with appropriate laws and regulations.
- Maintains up to date pharmaceutical reference materials to include antidote information and current federal and state law information.
- Assures that the drug supply is adequate
- Maintains a quality control program to monitor personnel qualifications, training and performance
- Maintains prescription and dispensing records as required by federal and state law
- Participates in the Pharmacy and Therapeutics committee and other committees as appropriate
- Actively manages the overall department budget.
- Analyzes and monitors compliance with accrediting and regulatory agency standards, including JCAHO, TDH, licensing boards, etc.
- Identifies and corrects environmental and practice safety issues.
- Resolves patient satisfaction concerns in a timely manner, assuring they have been thoroughly addressed and appropriate action taken.
- Submits reports and requests for information by established deadlines.
Directly supervises 1 to 8 subordinates who supervise a total of 1 to 5 employees in the following departments: Pharmacy. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units and their employees.
What will you need?
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy from an accredited college or university
- Three years’ experience as Director of Pharmacy
- Current license as a Pharmacist in the state of Texas.
- IV certification.