Community Care Coordinator (RN/LVN) Home Health FT Days
Req #: 17011682
Location: Killeen, TX
Job Category: Home Care
Organization: Metroplex Hospital
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Metroplex Health System
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
Our multi-facility campus includes 148 acute-care beds at Metroplex Adventist Hospital in Killeen, 60 psychiatric care beds in the nearby Metroplex Behavioral Health Center, and 25 beds at Rollins Brook Community Hospital in Lampasas. Through this Metroplex Health System, we offer a Women’s Center, Sleep Disorder Center, Endoscopy Center, Pediatric Rehabilitation Center, ICU, PCU, ED, imaging, surgery, home health services, and more.
The Clinical Care Coordinator is responsible for coordination of client referrals from community entity. The CCC is a resource person for the physician offices, community and other referral sources and works closely with Agency staff to ensure that adequate coordination and transition occurs to home health services. The CCC should have extensive knowledge of the regulatory guidelines governing home health admissions.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
● This position is accountable for effective implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the community education plan.
● Receive referral information from community, physicians, staff, and self-referrals.
● Forward the referrals to agency.
● Ensure orders for admission are clearly documented in referral notes (Obtain copy of MD note pertaining to the home care referral, Face-to-Face documentation or date of visit.)
● Communicate acceptance of referral clearly with referral sources.
● Make patient/family contact to verify patient is aware of agency referral and acceptance of services.
● Collaborate with PCC and document each contact regarding referred patient.
● Follow-up with patients who have not have a F2F appointment visit within 14 days of referral.
● Review community education plan at least monthly with Director.
● Provide resources information to the community concerning all home health
● Provide staff development and community education programs as required.
● Provide information to physicians and the community on the benefits and alternatives home health services can provide.
● Develop professional and administrative skill through attendance at pertinent
staff development meetings, educational activities and professional affiliations
● Monitors and evaluates business plan and market development plan for goal
● Assists with orientation of staff involved in community education, community awareness.
● Verify Medicare/Insurance information and ensure accuracy
● Ensure all demographic information is accurate on the referral form.
● Communicate benefit information to patient/family and physician office, as necessary.
● Monitor referral conversion on a weekly basis per Agency.
● Act as an educator to Agency office staff related to ability to admit patients.
● Read and adhere to Agency policies and procedures and Employee Handbook.
● Update software database as necessary.
● May be required to serve on at least two agency wide committees per year.
● Complete all other duties as assigned.
What you will need:
- Marketer: at least 3 years + experience within the home care industry
- RN/LVN must have at least one year of experience as a nurse (RN or LVN) in a clinical setting or two years of marketing experience.
- 3 years Home Health experience preferred.
- Currently licensed as a registered nurse by the State of Texas
- Current BLS certification
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license and automobile liability insurance
- Must be organized, time efficient and able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Ability to read, write and follow instructions in English. Good oral communication skills. Excellent customer service skills. Strong analytical and mathematical abilities. Maintains continuing education hours as outlined by the State of Texas.