RN ICU FT Nights $10,000 Sign On Bonus Plus Relocation
Since 1954, Florida Hospital New Smyrna (formerly Bert Fish Medical Center) has served as the community hospital for Southeast Volusia County. Our more than 700 employees use an impressive array of technology and years of knowledge to provide exceptional care for every patient – every day. We offer a wide range of services, including a surgery program, radiology, an oncology center, cardiovascular services, a wound care center, outpatient diagnostic services, and one of the busiest emergency departments of any hospital our size.
- Performing cardiovascular, neurological, and respiratory assessments.
- Providing care for the patient requiring cardiac monitoring.
- Providing nursing care for the patient requiring interventions for cardiac emergencies.
- Providing nursing care for the patient requiring temporary cardiac pacer support.
- Providing nursing care for the patient requiring respiratory interventions.
- Demonstrating clinical knowledge regarding lab values and notifies physician appropriately.
- Demonstrating clinical knowledge regarding ABG interpretation and notifies physician appropriately.
- Demonstrating clinical knowledge of hemodynamic drugs, invasive monitoring, invasion pressure monitoring as they relate to invasive and non-invasive pressure monitoring of patients in ICU.
- Demonstrating clinical knowledge of autotransfusion collection and return of blood products to patient.
- Demonstrating clinical knowledge of invasive and non-invasive temporary pacing.
- Demonstrating clinical knowledge of pulse oximetry monitoring application, setting, documentation and interventions / notification of physician.
- Demonstrating clinical knowledge of mechanical ventilation.
- Demonstrating clinical knowledge of procedures, set-up of appropriate equipment and maintenance of sterility in the emergency/elective insertion of all invasive lines and equipment.
- Demonstrating clinical knowledge of open chest cart, maintenance of sterility in the emergency set-up of equipment and appropriate assistance of physician as directed in open chest procedures.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a minimum of an Associate of Science degree
- Active Florida RN license required
- Active Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
- Obtains/maintains ACLS certification after one (1) year experience in Critical Care nursing