Ultrasound Tech PRN Gordon Hospital
Req #: 17012538
Location: Calhoun, GA
Job Category: Radiology/Imaging
Organization: Gordon Hospital and Murray Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Gordon Hospital is a 69-bed community hospital that is a member of Adventist Health System, the largest not-for-profit Protestant healthcare system in the world. We provide high quality, personalized and compassionate care to its patients and community. Through our dedication to safety, rigorous self-assessment, performance improvement, corporate integrity, and service management, we are committed to being the pre-eminent provider of acute inpatient and outpatient healthcare services for the residents of Calhoun, Gordon County, and surrounding areas.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for the quality and efficiency of the Ultrasound Department. Performs diagnostic ultrasound imaging procedures. Maintains records of examinations performed. Obtains and documents patient clinical information as needed. Participates in standby call. Performs basic patient care within scope of practice and to departmental standards. Assists in radiology department as needed. Responsibility to adhere to the Gordon Hospital Corporate compliance plan, to the rules and regulations of all local, state, and Federal agencies, and to the standards of all accrediting bodies
- Performs those duties directly involved with a variety of technical procedures for the purpose of detecting pathology.
- Assures responsibilities for the patient flow and all other matters pertaining to patient care, ensures patient and employee safety.
- Direct patient responsibility for geriatric, adult, adolescent, pediatric, and neonatal patient care until the patient is returned to his/her room or until outpatient is discharged.
- The technologist is directly involved in a variety of ultrasound procedures including biopsies, has an extensive experience with available ultrasound equipment in terms of product evaluation, troubleshooting and quality control.
- Establishes and maintains a good rapport and professional relationship with fellow employees, other department and medical staff.
What you will need?
- Must be ARDMS Registered or registry eligible. Registry eligible must become registered within 12 months of employment
- Prior ultrasound experience preferred
- RVT preferred
- ARRT preferred