OR Nursing Assistant Surgery Room FT Days
At Florida Hospital North Pinellas, the difference is evident in more than just our compassionate approach to health care. We are committed to providing our community the highest-quality care. We’re also fundamentally supportive of our community, and we continuously provide education and screening outreach as part of our mission to extend Christ’s healing ministry.
- Patient transfer to and from the operating room table.
- Assists the nursing staff during sterile skin preps.
- Assists in transportation of equipment and supplies in and out of the OR rooms. Checks and cleans assigned equipment, cupboard and carts, ensuring proper handling and storage.
- Assists nursing staff in obtaining supplies, equipment or other items as needed for patient care. Assists staff in any method requested and qualified to perform.
- Maintains cleanliness and orderliness by emptying trash and linen bags, mopping floors, maintaining dry floors, cleaning scrub sinks free of sponges, etc. Checks the soap dispensers for proper functioning and refills as needed.
- Orders OR stock and faxes orders to Materials Management in designated time frame. Restocks as orders arrive.
- Checks and orders Oxygen and CO2 tanks and regulators as assigned.
- Complies with department safety policies and procedures. Responsible to help ensure that the safety and physical well-being of patients, family members, visitors and co-workers are maintained.
- Fosters the development of other team members by establishing and maintain open communication, and follow up support of patient care activities.
- Accepts accountability for own competence, and patient outcomes.
- Participates in unit specific and multi-disciplinary Performance Improvement activities at the Hospital/Unit-based level.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Basic computer skills
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- One year of surgery experience (Preferred)
- Current Basic Life Support-C.