ER Paramedic Full Time Nights
Req #: 17012927
Location: Tarpon Springs, FL
Job Category: Emergency Services
Organization: FH North Pinellas
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Full Time Nights
Florida Hospital North Pinellas
You will be responsible for:
- Assists with triage and admission of patient by assisting with initial assessment and evaluation of patient status, vital signs and orientation to the environment.
- Communicates age specific patient needs/changes in condition to the Registered Nurse/Physician, and documents in the patient’s record.
- Documents care given in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Safety factors relevant to the age of the patient are identified and implemented.
- Provides discharge teaching at the discretion of the Registered Nurse/Physician.
- Alerts the Registered Nurse to any family situations that needs to be addressed.
- Able to identify signs and symptoms of abuse/neglect relative to patients’ age as demonstrated by reporting to the Registered Nurse.
- Obtains and interprets information in terms of a patients’ age related developmental and psychosocial needs as measured by yearly age related competency test with an 80% minimum score.
- Coordinates patient care in conjunction with the Registered Nurse/Physician by prioritizing age specific patient care needs.
- Assists the Registered Nurse to meet patient outcomes as outlined in the treatment plan of care.
- Demonstrates willingness to learn new procedures and accept new ideas and opportunities for improvement.
- Assists the Registered Nurse in keeping patient and family informed of patient status.
- Provides patient care as assigned by Registered Nurse/Physician.
- Transports patient for procedures, admissions and discharges.
- Performs electrocardiograms and phlebotomy as directed by Registered Nurse/Physician.
- Assists the Registered Nurse/Physician with procedures.
- Sets up equipment for procedures as directed by Registered Nurse/Physician.
- Obtains and transports specimens to Laboratory as directed.
- Maintains sterile technique for all procedures.
- Performs application of orthopedic appliances.
- Performs Foley catheterization on the adult and geriatric patients safely.
- Patient bedside areas are kept stocked, neat, and clean.
- Patient bedside areas are cleaned and restocked after patient is discharged or transferred.
- Obtains, cleans, checks, and returns equipment as directed. Reports problems with equipment in writing.
- Communicates interventions verbally keeping the Registered Nurse informed of the patient status.
- Hospital goals for community involvement are supported by participation in one hospital- sponsored activity annually.
- Hospital goals for cost-containment are supported through the economic use of equipment and supplies.
- Patients’ rights are protected as evidenced by confidentiality, privacy, and patients’ right to know.
- Contributes information to promote effectiveness of nursing interventions/actions to the Registered Nurse/Physician with appropriate documentation in the EMR.
- Actively participates in Hospital/Unit specific Performance Improvement activities as evidenced by collection of data and identification of aspects of care and participation in analysis and resolution.
- Support and information is provided to new employees in a positive and professional manner.
- A self- evaluation is completed yearly and individual goals, mutually set with Nurse Manager are achieved within established time frames.
- Attends 75% of staff meetings and participates in sharing information for opportunities for improvement.
What will you need?
- Must demonstrate and maintain current knowledge and skills necessary to provide care/services appropriate to the age of patients served.
- Identifies knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span of the patient.
- Possess the ability to assess data and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his or her age specific needs.
- Adheres to Hospital and Departmental Policies and Procedures.
- Assumes direct patient care responsibilities to assigned patients in an efficient, organized manner.
- Keeps patient rooms and work area safe, uncluttered and neat at all times.
- Functions as a team member by demonstrating a positive attitude towards all customers: patients, families, employees, physicians and students. Communicates with the patient=s and families on an ongoing basis.
- Reports all unusual occurrences and changes in patient status to the Registered Nurse.
- Accepts accountability for professional standards, own competence, and patient outcomes.
- The Emergency Services Technician demonstrates positive communication skills within the Emergency Room setting, other departments and the general public.
- The Emergency Services Technician assists the Registered Nurse in appropriate placement of patients via status and infectious or communicable diseases.
- Participates in unit specific and multi- disciplinary performance improvement activities at the Hospital/unit-based level.
- Accepts extended responsibilities as deemed necessary by Nurse Manager/Charge Nurse/Nursing Supervisor.
- Completed Emergency Medical Technician/Paramedic Program
- Current Basic Life Support – PALS and ACLS
- Current EMT/Paramedic Certification