Executive Chef Manager FT Days
Req #: 17012968
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Job Category: Nutritional Services
Organization: FH Memorial Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Full Time/ Days
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center
Our goal at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center is simple: to offer our patients the absolute best care around, in the most compassionate, community-focused setting possible.
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center consists of two campuses: a 277-bed main hospital in Daytona Beach and a 119-bed hospital in Ormond Beach, as well as our new outpatient facility, located at the Pavilion at Port Orange. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. We are a recipient of the 2012 Governor’s Sterling Award, which is the highest award an organization in Florida can receive for performance excellence.
More than 400 physicians hold privileges to practice at our facilities, and we employ more than 1,700 care-team members. Our specialties include cardiology, cancer, emergency care, surgical services, obstetrics, neurosurgery, stroke care, rehabilitation, weight-loss surgery, imaging, laboratory, home health, wound care, diabetes, hospice, physician practices and women’s services.
Patients and families from across the country appreciate Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center’s unique culture. Our cutting-edge technology is accompanied by the holistic environment and patient-centered care that have defined Florida Hospital for more than a century. Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the Sunshine State’s premier beaches.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Under the supervision of the Food Service Director, the Executive Chef Manager functions in a management capacity to plan, direct, and evaluate the purchase, production, presentation and pricing of food and services for Patient Room Service, The Cornerstone Café and Catering.
- The Executive Chef Manager will ensure that the standards of safety, nutritional value, quality and performance are maintained and advanced.
- Responsible for recipe, menu and concept development within established departmental guidelines.
- Responsible for inventory management.
- Ensures conformance with The Joint Commission, state and local regulations as well as compliance with all HACCP, department, Fish Memorial and AHS policies and procedures.
- This position has primary responsibility for the direction and development of culinary staff and inventory positions.
- Assures that food production employees are properly trained and supported to accomplish their job routines.
- Conducts ongoing culinary education in all aspects of food and cooking.
- Develops and evaluates staffing levels for current and forecasted needs.
- Organizes food production staff to ensure a cost-efficient operation.
What will you need?
- Minimum 5 years executive chef or food service management experience in a large, high-volume operation required.
- Degree in Culinary Arts required. Certificate of completion from an accredited culinary trade school (2-4 year program).] BS/ BA in Hotel/ Restaurant Management or related field desirable.
- Driver’s License required.
- Current Serve Safe or other food safety or HACCP certification upon 90 days of hire.