EVS Tech Full Time Eve Murray Hospital
Under the direction of the Environmental Services Supervisor, assists in maintaining the cleanliness level of the hospital in all patients, public and ancillary areas. Includes any other areas as may be assigned in accordance with the mission, goals and policies of the Facilities EVS Department and Gordon Hospital.
- Ensures a safe, clean and well-maintained facility on a daily basis. Travels to assigned areas and responds to overhead pages and or the use of the phone.
- Daily stocks cart with paper products and cleaning solution. Cleans patient rooms, public areas, restrooms, offices and ancillary rooms in assigned areas. Collects and disposes of trash (contaminated or non-contaminated) in an appropriate manner. Collects and stages soiled linen for pick up. Procedures include but are not limited to: sweeping, dust mopping, damp mopping, high dusting, wall washing, scrubbing, bed making and vacuuming.
- Demonstrates a complete knowledge of infection control, isolation procedures and proper operation of cleaning equipment related to cleaning. Documents all work that has been performed. Maintains appropriate level of knowledge related to sanitizing and making beds, with full concept of cleaning of the operating rooms.
- Must have full knowledge of matters of sanitation, use of disinfectants and proper operation of cleaning equipment. Participates in all emergency programs or situations as required, and performs all duties as requested.
- Reports any hazardous situations, and responds to any hazards and emergency situations
- Must be able to operate a computer using standard office software.
- Must have the ability to read, write and understand English.
- Must be able to read and understand Safety Data Sheets, product labels, various reports and do basic arithmetic.
- Environmental services experience within a healthcare environment preferred.