Critical Care Tech ICU PRN
Central Texas Medical Center
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we have received a Mother-Friendly Worksite designation from the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Our 178-bed hospital includes a Level IV Emergency and Trauma Center, Women’s Center, Level II NICU, Sleep Improvement Center, Institute for Advanced Wound Care Healing, Rehabilitation Institute, home health and hospice care. Through our CREATION Health Institute, we also play an active role in offering free health education and community events to help support a healthy lifestyle
You will be responsible for:
- Provides direct patient care in a safe, sensitive, and timely manner according to the departmental policies and procedures.
- Supports the patient care process in the unit by performing a variety of duties in accordance with departmental policies and procedures. Examples are obtaining EKGs, collecting laboratory specimens, and colleting vital signs.
- Interacts and copes effectively with diverse populations in stressful situations resulting from trauma and illness.
- Cleans, stocks, and re-stocks rooms with supplies between patients or as needed.
- Responsible for compiling and maintaining accurate documentation on each patient including, but not limited to: spiritual care, admission inventory of valuables, vital signs, and graphic record completion.
- Acts as a personal care provider by attending to ongoing patient needs including, but not limited to: personal care, I&O collection, and transport.
- Applies and adheres to the principles of infection control and sterile technique in all aspects of the technician role.
- Performs duties and procedures specific to the role proficiently in accordance with the departmental competencies and procedures.
- Performs clerical and secretarial duties as required. Example include, but not limited to: order entry, ordering of general and clinical supplies, requests for equipment repairs, mounting ECG strips, and patient charges.
- Participates and actively contributes to the development of departmental performance improvement and training activities.
- Demonstrates excellent attendance and actively participates in a variety of meetings and training sessions as required.
- Maintains a collaborative, team relationship with peers and colleagues in order to effectively contribute to the group’s achievement of goals and to help foster a positive work environment.
- Practices cost containment and fiscal responsibility through the efficient use of supplies, equipment, time, etc.
- Reports all patient activity to the RN in a timely manner.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Three to six months related experience and/or training.
- Completed program from accredited facility for EMT-B, Certified Nursing Assistant, or Medical Assistant.
- Current certificate as an EMT-B, Certified Nursing Assistant, or Medical Assistant.
- Current BCLS certification