Registered Nurse (RN) ICU Per Diem Nights
Req #: 17013045
Location: San Marcos, TX
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Central Texas Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Central Texas Medical Group
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we have received a Mother-Friendly Worksite designation from the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Our 178-bed hospital includes a Level IV Emergency and Trauma Center, Women’s Center, Level II NICU, Sleep Improvement Center, Institute for Advanced Wound Care Healing, Rehabilitation Institute, home health and hospice care. Through our CREATION Health Institute, we also play an active role in offering free health education and community events to help support a healthy lifestyle.
You will be responsible for:
- Planning patient centered care for all assigned patients on the unit during shift according to the standards of care of Central Texas Medical Center.
- Performs basic nursing functions in all care areas of the Emergency Department to include Cardiopulmonary/Trauma Resuscitation and Triaging of patients.
- Completes a rapid initial assessment and a secondary assessment on newly assigned patients arriving to the ED.
- Notifies ED physician when an emergency condition is identified.
- Functions on the code team and trauma team as necessary and assist with stabilization of critically ill patients.
- Completes appropriate documentation and notification for patients requiring inter-hospital transfer according to EMTALA rules and regulations.
- Ensures safe transport of patients throughout the ED visit and to the inpatient setting.
- Actively participates in continuous quality improvement.
- Directs and delegates the work of LVNs, Critical Care Techs, unit clerk, and students within scope of practice.
- Follows all departmental safety policies and procedures regarding patient care and one’s personal protection and patient safety.
- Monitors Electronic Medical Record for new physician orders and diagnostic results.
- Completes other tasks as assigned.
What will you need?
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing (required)
- Six months to one year related experience and/or training (required).
- Current certificate in C.P.R. (required)
- Current certificate in ACLS and PALS or ENPC (required).
- Current certificate in TNCC within 12 months of hire (required)
- Current license as an RN in the state of Texas (required).