Certified Anesthesia Technician FT Days
Req #: 17013042
Location: Tavares, FL
Job Category: Surgery
Organization: Florida Hospital Waterman
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Florida Hospital Waterman
Florida Hospital Waterman is a career destination for individuals who feel a calling to help fulfill our mission of providing whole-person care that is highly compassionate and clinically first-rate. Drawn by that mission, team members also appreciate our state-of-the-art hospital, which is strikingly situated on a lovely lakeside campus, approximately 1 hour Northwest of Orlando. In August 2003, the hospital opened the doors of this replacement facility on Hwy 441 in Tavares. The 450,000 square foot, 269-bed acute care facility offers the latest in medical technology. Each patient room is private, and the uniquely designed "clover leaf" patient care units consist of 60 beds per floor. The Emergency Department is sized to accommodate up to 60,000 visits per year.
Florida Hospital Waterman is committed to meeting our region's growing need for advanced comprehensive cardiac care. As part of that commitment, we are expanding our range of services to include interventional cardiology and open heart surgery services. At Florida Hospital Waterman, you'll enjoy a satisfying career and lifestyle as you help carry out our vital mission. We invite you to join our team!
You will be responsible for:
- Assisting the licensed anesthesia provider in clinical settings such as: the operating room (OR), obstetrics suite (OB), Endoscopy (Endo), interventional and/or diagnostic radiology, Post anesthesia care unit (PACU), and any other unit which may provide anesthesia services
- Demonstrating practical knowledge and expertise in all general areas of anesthesia. The certified anesthesia technician must have a thorough knowledge of the set-up, operation, and troubleshooting of anesthesia delivery systems, monitors, and ancillary devices. The certified anesthesia technicians will maintain a sufficient inventory of all equipment and supplies
- Possesses knowledge of all guidelines, policies and safety requirements as determined by all relevant regulatory and standard setting agencies or organizations
- Possesses an understanding of anatomy and physiology as it applies to anesthesia care
- Performs effectively in the areas where anesthesia is provided, assist the licensed anesthesia provider with patient assessments, evaluations, transport, positioning, insertion of intravenous and other invasive lines and airway management
- Actively participates in the development and/or administration of continuing education for the anesthesia technicians
- Prepare the surgical unit for cases/ procedures utilizing functional equipment and supplies
- Assist with positioning the patient and follow accepted procedures for preparation of patients for surgical procedures.
- Assist with wraps, casts, and dressings
- Route non-functional equipment to proper maintenance department for repair, noting on equipment what the malfunction appears to be
- Assist in minor maintenance functions (i.e. replace light bulbs in power sources, surgical lights and change oxygen tanks, C02 tanks)
- Accurately and safely prepare all patient positioning devices and tables as required
- Clean equipment, tables and floor as required with proper cleaning solution.
- Collect, bag and remove soiled linen and trash properly
- Replace suction liners, trash bags and other supplies as needed
- Return cleaned equipment to appropriate area after the case
- Keep charge nurse informed of room status and attendant availability
- Provide emergency assistance as required and/or directed by surgeon and/or nursing personnel
- Stock and maintain adequate levels of supplies at scrub sink and sub rooms as appropriate
- Maintain orderly work environment by keeping operating rooms, storage areas, hallways and all units clean, tidy and hazard free
- Obtain and maintain unit supplies and equipment
- Cleans OR rooms between cases
- Disposes of soiled linens and biohazard wastes
- Assists with maintaining orderliness of OR department
- Stocks warming cabinet with blankets and solution
- Transfer and/or assist patients during transport, following departmental safety guidelines
- Confirms patient ID via armband and verbally verifying patient name and date of birth before transporting
- Transport specimen, equipment, etc. to appropriate area in safe and efficient manner
- Runs errands as needed
What will you need?
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Anesthesia Technician
- Certification for Anesthesia Technology (Cer. AT)
- BLS Certification
- Must be proficient in the English language.
- Previous Anesthesia Technician experience
- Patient care experience
- Operating Room experience
- Thorough knowledge of policies and procedures both organizational and departmental.
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication
- Medical Terminology
- An understanding of advanced life support.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform technical duties in complex clinical situations.
- Demonstrates an understanding of anesthesia equipment and related supplies.
- Demonstrates knowledge and practice of basic patient care related to anesthesia.
- Demonstrates the ability to coordinate the daily routine of the technical anesthesia staff
- Ability to delegate responsibilities to other members of the anesthesia team.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Understands the costs that are incurred for anesthesia procedures
- Understands limitations of roles or practice area
- Maintains professional confidentiality.
- Protects and upholds the rights of the patient.
- Takes call as directed by the department.
- Transport of patient as needed
- Malignant Hyperthermia
- Emergency Code Cart
- High and low level disinfection
- Clinical Alarms
- Medication Management
- Isolation Precautions
- Surgical Care of Patient age (0-100+)
- Fire Safety