OR Aide Transporter/EVS Evenings FT Gordon
Req #: 17013207
Location: Calhoun, GA
Job Category: Surgery
Organization: Gordon Hospital and Murray Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Gordon Hospital is a 69-bed community hospital that is a member of Adventist Health System, the largest not-for-profit Protestant healthcare system in the world. We provide high quality, personalized and compassionate care to its patients and community. Through our dedication to safety, rigorous self-assessment, performance improvement, corporate integrity, and service management, we are committed to being the pre-eminent provider of acute inpatient and outpatient healthcare services for the residents of Calhoun, Gordon County, and surrounding areas.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Observes safety precautions at all times; uses protective wear, gloves, and goggles; uses proper body mechanics.
- Follows standard precautions at all times.
- Always informs Charge RN/Nurse Manager when leaving the department.
- Ensures each surgical suite has a linen hamper and regular and hazardous waste bags.
- Wet mops surgical suites between cases and performs terminal cleaning of the OR, PACU and Anesthesia at the end of the schedule.
- Disposes of all linens, regular waste, hazardous waste and sharps containers in the appropriate waste disposal area.
- Replaces mop head after each case.
- Moves OR furniture and equipment as needed to clean. Cleans all equipment before putting back into storage.
- Performs other cleaning duties per scheduled times: Cleans all vents in the department, washes all walls in the department; scrubs and waxes all floors in the OR; high dusts the OR; defrosts freezer and cleans refrigerator.
- Maintains a log of when cleaning duties are performed.
- Ensures staff lounges are clean and neat. Empties trash as needed.
- Ensures staff and physician locker rooms are cleaned, stocked, linen and trash disposed of daily.
- Performs daily cleaning of all bathrooms in the Surgical Services Department.
- Follows all infection control practices including; hand washing, standard precautions and protective attire.
- Utilizes the appropriate chemicals and supplies according to procedure.
- Uses and maintains cleaning and transportation equipment correctly and safely.
- Reports safety hazards to the OR Charge Nurse.
PERFORMS EVIRONMENTAL CARE RESPONSIBILITIES DAILY (AM)
- Monitors and records temperature and humidity of each surgical suite and CSR.
- Monitors and records temperature of warming cabinets and medical refrigerator/freezer.
- Ensures all warmers are stocked with blankets and fluids; monitors the warming cabinets through out the shift.
- Ensures formalin supplies are at adequate levels.
- Ensures specimen containers are stocked.
- Monitors and stocks hats, masks, bunny suits and booties in staff locker room and entrances to OR’s (x 4).
- Monitors, orders and stacks linen on the linen cart in the sub-sterile area for the day.
- Inspect and supply needed CO2, nitrogen and O2 tanks for the surgical suites.
- Always introduces self to patients and families; checks patient identification band before transporting patient to the OR.
- Before transporting patient to OR ensures patient chart and stickers are with the patient.
- Transports all patients safely on surgical gurney and that the side rails are up. Gurney brakes are applied when patient is transferred on and off the gurney.
- Transports all patients safely in wheelchairs; safety brakes used, leg and foot holders used.
- Ensures patient privacy and warmth; patients in transport are always covered with a blanket.
- Cleans and changes linen on gurney/wheelchair between patients.
- Assists Circulating RN move patient to OR table and position patient.
- Holds patients in position for anesthesia and for OR preps.
What will you need?
- Must have the ability to read, write and understand English
- Must be able to read and understand Material Safety Data Sheets, product labels, various reports and do basic arithmetic
- Must be able to follow oral, written assignments and have full knowledge of basic environmental duties and a basic knowledge of the SHARE program
- BCLS required
- High school diploma preferred
- A minimum of 6 months Environmental Services experience preferred