Certified Medical Assistant/Patient Service Representative
Req #: 17009497
Location: San Marcos, TX
Job Category: Physician Services
Organization: Live Oak Health Partners
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Central Texas Medical Center
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we have received a Mother-Friendly Worksite designation from the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Our 178-bed hospital includes a Level IV Emergency and Trauma Center, Women’s Center, Level II NICU, Sleep Improvement Center, Institute for Advanced Wound Care Healing, Rehabilitation Institute, home health and hospice care. Through our CREATION Health Institute, we also play an active role in offering free health education and community events to help support a healthy lifestyle.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for assisting front office/back office as needed.Obtain and record vital signs and subjective information from the patient regarding their visit.Prepare the patient for examination.Administer injections, administer medications, perform laboratory tests and venipuncture as directed by the supervising physician/extender.Assist in office surgery and procedures.Must be able to apply/remove cast/splints/bandage (after competency assessment/training) per physicians instructions.Stock examination rooms on a daily basis.Order medical supplies as needed.Responsible for compiling and maintaining accurate documentation on each patient as directed by the supervising physician/extender.Follows all departmental safety policies and procedures regarding patient care and one's personal protection and patient safety.Promotes and participates in teamwork with physicians and clinic personnel.Ensure cleanliness and sanitary conditions in examination rooms, restrooms, and patient waiting areas.Completes other tasks as assigned.
- Responsible for greeting patients and visitors as they present at the front counter, ensure the completion of all patient information, insurance, and financial forms, coordinate patient appointment scheduling including the set-up of temporary and permanent accounts, obtain all necessary insurance information from patients when applicable, establish/maintain accurate patient accounts in computerized database, answer multi-line telephone, prepare patient medical charts as directed, checkout patients including collecting of co-pays/deductibles/payments, ROAs, retaining a copy of the patient superbill and vouchers (if applicable), establish follow-up appointment(s), and enter patient charges as assigned.
- Responsible for copying patient records when requested.
- Scans documentation for patient record and file correctly in patient chart.
- Verifies insurance eligibility.
- Obtain referrals/authorization/pre-certification when needed.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Three to six months related experience and/or training in patient registration or billing in a healthcare setting.
- Three to six months medical technology related experience and/or medical training.
- Current certificate in C.P.R.
- Current certification as a Certified Medical Assistant in the state of Texas.
- Six months of casting experience preferred