Registered Nurse (RN) Home Health PRN Days
Req #: 17011480
Location: San Marcos, TX
Job Category: Home Care
Organization: Central Texas Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Central Texas Medical Center
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we have received a Mother-Friendly Worksite designation from the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Our 178-bed hospital includes a Level IV Emergency and Trauma Center, Women’s Center, Level II NICU, Sleep Improvement Center, Institute for Advanced Wound Care Healing, Rehabilitation Institute, home health and hospice care. Through our CREATION Health Institute, we also play an active role in offering free health education and community events to help support a healthy lifestyle.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The RN is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating patient centered care for all assigned patients, according to the standards of care and policies of CTMC home health.
- Able to perform basic nursing functions in all aspects of care required in the patient’s home.
- Organize and implement individual patient care based on ongoing interpretation of physiologic, psychological, and sociological deficits affecting the state of health.
- Coordinate activities of health team members to provide comprehensive care and continuity of services.
- Maintain clinical record information in accordance with established standards and within established timeframes.
- Prepare and submit schedule planner as outlined by supervisor. Attend case conferences and staff meetings as scheduled.
- Participate in all quality activities including task force committee involvement as outlined by Quality Coordinator.
- Plan and supervise home health aide activities appropriate to individual patient care requirements and in accordance with department policy.
- Plan and supervise LVN visits, individual patient care requirements and in accordance with department policy.
- Communicates with the patients Physician in all matters pertaining to patient’s care and adjusts the plan of care as directed.
- Maintains accurate complete documentation of care in accordance with established agency standards and within established timeframes.
- Complete related tasks as assigned by Team Leader or Home Health Director/ Manager.
- Provide on-call coverage on a rotating basis.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing(Preferred)
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing (required)
- Six months to one year related experience and/or training (required).
- Current Texas State Driver's License (required)
- Proof of current liability insurance on file (required).
- Current certificate in C.P.R. (required)
- Current license as an RN in the state of Texas (required).