Environmental Services Specialist
Req #: 17013824
Location: Tavares, FL
Job Category: Environmental Services
Organization: Florida Hospital Waterman
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Florida Hospital Waterman
Florida Hospital Waterman is a career destination for individuals who feel a calling to help fulfill our mission of providing whole-person care that is highly compassionate and clinically first-rate. Drawn by that mission, team members also appreciate our state-of-the-art hospital, which is strikingly situated on a lovely lakeside campus, approximately 1 hour Northwest of Orlando. In August 2003, the hospital opened the doors of this replacement facility on Hwy 441 in Tavares. The 450,000 square foot, 269-bed acute care facility offers the latest in medical technology. Each patient room is private, and the uniquely designed "clover leaf" patient care units consist of 60 beds per floor. The Emergency Department is sized to accommodate up to 60,000 visits per year.
Florida Hospital Waterman is committed to meeting our region's growing need for advanced comprehensive cardiac care. As part of that commitment, we are expanding our range of services to include interventional cardiology and open heart surgery services. At Florida Hospital Waterman, you'll enjoy a satisfying career and lifestyle as you help carry out our vital mission. We invite you to join our team!
You will be responsible for:
- Performs a complete ten (10) step cleaning in areas throughout the hospital, including patient rooms, offices, departments, public areas or other areas as needed or required by schedule.
- High dust all horizontal surfaces per schedule.
- Sanitizes and spot cleans all assigned areas per schedule.
- Empties wastebaskets.
- Cleans bathroom and fixtures.
- Dry mops or vacuums floors.
- Sanitizes floors.
- Properly utilizes germicides and other chemicals.
- Actively engages in patient interaction, with sincerity and courtesy. Follows scripting as outlined in the AIDET process.
- Exposure to healthcare environmental conditions.
- Uses dry dust cloths, high dusting tools, and vacuum cleaners to clean window sills, blinds, floors, and furniture. Empties waste receptacles, arranges furniture, furnishings, and equipment in proper order
- Makes bed with clean linen following appropriate policy and procedure
- Scours and polishes sinks, plumbing fixtures, mirrors, and adjacent equipment/fixtures. Replenishes appropriate supply of soap, linens, and disposable paper products
- Notifies environmental services team leader of supply and/or equipment needs. Reports any mechanical failure/problem or environmental defect, as observed, to environmental services team leader and/or department office
- Where applicable, moves furniture and furnishings to adequately clean area. Turns and/or replaces curtains
- Performs job functions adhering to service principals with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others
- Uses correct PPE when performing cleaning in any Isolation locations
- Stages patient rooms properly and performs self-inspection of areas cleaned
- Keeps storage areas and carts properly stocked, clean and tidy
- Correctly collects, transports and properly stores or disposes of trash, soiled linens and bio hazardous waste according to facility and departmental policy and procedures
- Keeps equipment clean and neat
- Assist with distribution of linen and daily linen cart exchange when requested
- Actively maintains a safe work environment at all times
- Responds to and assists during facility emergency codes in accordance with departmental policy
- Attends all staff meetings and departmental programs
- Performs emergency cleaning throughout the facility when noticed or as needed
- Advises manager, supervisor or team leader of any situation requiring his/her attention
- Consistently engages in teamwork and professionalism at all times
- Performs thorough cleaning procedures throughout the hospital, including patient rooms, offices, surgical facilities and public areas as needed or required per schedule
- Sweeps, dusts, mops and vacuums floors. Utilizes floor machines of various speeds, automatic scrubbers, waste collection equipment, and related machinery, including all carpet extraction equipment. Washes walls windows and inside ceilings by hand or utilizing wall/ceiling washing kits. May be called upon to wash outside windows and screens
- Maintains hard surface floors throughout the facility, including dust and wet mopping, spray buffing, burnishing and shower scrubbing, stripping and applying floor finish according to departmental procedure
- Maintains carpeted floors throughout the facility, including vacuuming, spot cleaning, damp buffing, shampooing and extracting according to departmental procedure
- Competently operates and maintains cleaning equipment
- Performs pre-function set-ups of furniture and equipment in facility meeting rooms
- Performs regularly scheduled project cleaning of walls, lights, vents, windows and furniture upholstery
What will you need?
- High school diploma or equivalent (preferred)
- Six months prior healthcare facility experience (preferred)
- Demonstrate ability to read, write, communicate and understand instructions given in English
- Demonstrates Share Behaviors
- Must be able to interact with the public and staff at all levels possessing positive communication skills
- Must be able to use the Hospital Bed System Correctly pertinent with the housekeeping department