Med Lab Scientist PT Nights
SMH has provided faith-based, whole person care to the Kansas City community since 1962. SMH is more than just a hospital campus. We’re a network of health care facilities working to exceed expectations by delivering quality care with compassion and supporting an exceptional staff of more than 700 physicians representing 50 medical specialties.
Our mission of Improving Health Through Christian Service is achieved each and every day through the dedication and commitment of our associates, physicians and volunteers. We strive to be a regional beacon of wellness, hope and healing attracting customers seeking unsurpassed clinical quality and compassionate care for the whole person, following the example of Christ's healing ministry.
The largest health care provider in Johnson County, Kansas, the SMH network includes Shawnee Mission Medical Center, SMH – Overland Park and SMH – Prairie Star. The 54-acre campus at SMMC is comprised of the main hospital, a community health education building, six physician office buildings and an associate child care center. The Emergency Department at SMMC is the busiest in Johnson County. We deliver more babies each year at the Shawnee Mission Birth Center than any other hospital in the metropolitan area and our Center for Women’s Health is nationally recognized. We have 10 Shawnee Mission Primary Care locations with more than 70 Board-certified doctors who specialize in family medicine, internal medicine and pediatrics as well as Centra Care Shawnee Mission Urgent Care and Spira Care locations.
- Shares technical knowledge with co-workers; assists with training and orientation of new employees/students and serves as a resource to current staff, students and physicians.
- Demonstrates initiative in work and other activities.
- Adjusts to changing customer needs by adapting work habits, schedules, or matters of personal convenience to improve service.
- Demonstrates and models positive behaviors which are supportive of change.
- Shows enthusiasm in the workplace; actively involved in promoting morale and encouraging others.
- Seeks opportunities to work cooperatively with other members of the hospital and system.
- Assists in the training of new associates.
- Willingly assists other associates during times of high volume workload.
- Uses time efficiently when regular workload is done.
- Participates in and maintains competency requirements.
- Recognizes limitations and asks for assistance/instruction when necessary.
- Limits personal phone calls and business so as not to compromise productivity.
- Takes responsibility for own actions; openly admits mistakes and seeks ways to correct the problem.Responds in a professional manner to customer requests and inquiries, assuming responsibility for seeing them through to completion.
- Receives, prioritizes, and processes specimens in a timely manner to meet or exceed turnaround time standards.
- Performs and monitors the collection of laboratory specimens.
- Performs testing according to established procedures.
- Evaluates and interprets data based on knowledge of numerous factors affecting test results.
- Uses the LIS efficiently to order tests, enter results/documentation and obtain information, in keeping with established protocols.
- Enhances technical expertise and professional knowledge by participation in mandatory and continuing education opportunities.
- Utilizes Personal Protective Equipment and follows established chemical hygiene and biohazard protocols.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- No Previous Experience required
- Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Scientist (ASCP) certification or equivalent or advanced degree and able to meet CLIA’s 88 standards for high complexity testing
- 1 to 2 Years of Position-Related Experience Preferred