Home Health Occupational Therapist Full Time Days
Req #: 17013173
Location: Killeen, TX
Job Category: Rehabilitation Services
Organization: Metroplex Hospital
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Metroplex Health System
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
Our multi-facility campus includes 148 acute-care beds at Metroplex Adventist Hospital in Killeen, 60 psychiatric care beds in the nearby Metroplex Behavioral Health Center, and 25 beds at Rollins Brook Community Hospital in Lampasas. Through this Metroplex Health System, we offer a Women’s Center, Sleep Disorder Center, Endoscopy Center, Pediatric Rehabilitation Center, ICU, PCU, ED, imaging, surgery, home health services, and more.
Evaluates, plan and provides occupational therapy services in the home as ordered by the attending physician and in accordance with assigned, individualized plan of care for each patient.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the policies and procedures as related to the clinical area.
- Responsible for the application of Home Care guidelines and standards in accordance with current practices.
- Prioritizing work by preparing daily visitation lists
- Reviews medical record to assess therapy needs
- Instructs/educates patients and/or significant other on therapy
- Maintaining accurate patient information in the medical record
- Has knowledge of and understands current JC Standards for the clinical aspect of the department.
- Represents the patient therapy interest on the healthcare team. Promotes teamwork with physicians and all
- health care providers.
- Assists in departmental, hospital and community in-services/education when assigned.
- Actively participates in Performance Improvement for clinical area.
- Activity participates in assigned meetings.
- Involved in the review and planning of patient menus.
- Upholds professional standards of performance and conduct.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Performs direct patient care on a timely basis in cooperation with the other members of the Home Health team.
- Assess the needs of the patient, formulating realistic treatment goals.
- Demonstrates creativity, skill and efficiency in designing and implementing treatment programs for patients with all types of medical problems.
- Establishes a plan of care with goals based on the patient’s current level of functioning and potential for improvement and in accordance with physician’s orders.
- Demonstrates competence in all aspects of Occupational Therapy and administers treatment to the patient in a caring and effective method.
- Skillfully and safely progresses the patient through levels of treatment with the maximum capabilities of the patient, exercising initiative and good judgement.
- Participates in the team process through cooperative and communicative efforts with team members in development of the patient care plan and team conferences and provides comprehensive, individualized care to assigned patients.
- Provides required documentation within established time frames.
- Instructs the patient and family in the total occupational therapy program including self-care and creative activities that are directed toward improving independence, physical and mental functioning.
- Reports pertinent observations to attending physician, changing patient care plan and therapy program as directed.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Must be a graduate of an approved school of Occupational therapy and licensed to practice Occupational therapy by the State of Texas. Medicare home health experience is required.
- Current CPR certification.
- Must be competent with computers.
- Must be organized, time efficient and able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to read, write and follow instructions in English. Good oral communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong analytical and mathematical abilities.
- Maintains continuing education hours as outlined by the State of Texas. Must possess a valid state driver’s license and automobile liability insurance
- Must be currently licensed to practice in the State of Texas.