Physical Therapist PRN
Req #: 18000062
Location: Burleson, TX
Job Category: Rehabilitation Services
Organization: Texas Health Huguley FWS
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Texas Health Huguley Hospital Fort Worth South
Operated as a joint venture between Texas Health Resources and Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we were also recognized as one of “150 Great Places to Work” by Becker’s Hospital Review.
Our 224-bed hospital includes a medical ICU, cardiovascular ICU, PCU, open heart surgery center and behavioral health. In addition, we have accredited programs in orthopedics, chest pain, and inpatient diabetes, plus an award-winning emergency department.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs direct patient care at a highly professional level and on a timely basis to meet the daily needs of the inpatient and outpatient schedules as assigned by the Clinical Director.
- Performs comprehensive evaluation and/or reevaluation which includes reviewing patient’s chart using accepted methods and appropriate evaluative tools.
- Initiates evaluation within 48 hours of receiving the physical therapy order and completes the evaluation within two visits.
- Interprets test correctly and consults with patient, families, nursing, physician, and other appropriate resources in the development of the treatment plan as evidenced by chart documentation.
- Develops realistic short term and long term goals. Demonstrates creativity and skill in designing and implementing treatment programs to reach these goals.
- Implements treatment program following rational frequency and duration in accordance with initial assessment and doctor’s orders to meet patient needs. This shall be accomplished with no more than two incidents per year without valid reason.
- Outpatient appointment assigned to the therapist will be met within 15 minutes if the patient arrives at the scheduled time. This will be accomplished with no more than two incidents per year, without valid reason, as determined by discussion with the therapist and department coordinator.
- Reviews medical records daily or more frequently as needed to gain information pertinent to physical therapy treatment.
- Formally re-evaluates goals when goals need modification or when there is a change in patient’s medical status.
- Instructs patient and/or family in appropriate home programs to address patient’s needs, and documents the rationale for these programs.
- Recognizes a problem he/she is unable to handle alone with regard to both direct patent care and other departmental issues. Elicits the assistance/expertise of appropriate personnel to resolve the situation.
- Identifies need for progression, modification or discontinuation of program when goals have been or are not being adequately approached as evidenced by documentation in the chart.
- Participates in discharge planning and makes recommendations regarding equipment and home program as evidenced through documentation.
- Appropriately delegates and supervises patient treatment tasks assigned to technicians.
- Produces documentation appropriate for various levels and types of patient care within Physical Therapy Services and accepts responsibility for the Physical Therapy Department through generation of patient revenue.
- Documentation of treatment will be written by the next working day with 100% compliance.
- Each progress noted and/or treatment plan will contain sufficient information in order for another physical therapy staff to easily discern the following:-Exact treatment to be given-Modalities/procedures used-Patient response-Any projected change in planThis will be carried out with 100% compliance on chart audit.
- For outpatient cases, a written progress report or discharge summary will be prepared and sent to the referring physician.
- Completes appropriate Medicare certification/Plan of Care upon completion of initial evaluation which will be signed by referring physician.
- Uses clear and concise documentation and adheres to hospital approved abbreviations.
- Accurately charges inpatients and outpatients for treatments rendered and equipment/supplies issued according to department guidelines.
- Accurately completes and submits charge sheet according to departmental procedure.
- Maintains productivity standard by adapting to changes in assigned daily caseloads.
- All evaluations and reevaluations are completed within 48 hours.
- Completes incident reports as appropriate and submits this report to the Clinical Director.
- Communicates appropriately with the Therapy Services Clinical Director, Clinical Coordinator, staff, medical staff, nursing staff and others in a professional and timely manner.
- Communicates in a clear and appropriate manner with Therapy Services department, Clinical Director, and other hospital staff.
- Participates in departmental meetings, department performance improvement programs, training programs, in-services, and accepts departmental projects as requested by the Clinical Director and/or Coordinator.
- Conducts classes to educate patients in terms of the following:-Overview of physical therapy methods-Anatomy of the spine and extremities-Back school content-Pain control methods-Other related topics (dietary relaxation, stress, etc.)
- Instructs patients regarding the relationship between functional rehabilitation and pain, rationale for training beyond a pain level and efficiency of developing a lifetime pattern of reconditioning.
- Designs classroom activities to stimulate interest, motivation, compliance and reinforce treatment goals.
- Contributes to the efficient and safe operation of the Therapy Services department. Conducts routine/general business necessary for quality and efficiency with department operation/ program development.
- Respects time limitations of others by being prepared and on time for meetings.
- Organizes time effectively as demonstrated by the ability to prepare for expected and unexpected changes in schedule and utilizes department personnel appropriately.
- Keeps treatment plan within number of pre-certified/ pre-authorized visits.
- Maintains physicians’ prescriptions up to date.
- Supervises and instructs clinical education students according to departmental guidelines.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of departmental policies, procedures and performance improvement activities.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Graduate from accredited physical therapy program at the Bachelor’s or Master’s level.
- Experience preferred, but new graduates are accepted.
- Must hold and keep current annually Texas Licensure as a Physical Therapist.