Surgical Technologist II Heart Call Team FT Day $5000 Sign on and Relocation Available
Req #: 17013034
Location: Tavares, FL
Job Category: Surgery
Organization: Florida Hospital Waterman
Potential Referral Bonus: $
The Surgical Technologist II is responsible for the assembly, set-up, maintenance, and breakdown of the sterile field including instruments, equipment, and supplies used for surgical cases. They assist the surgeons, and other members of the surgical team as appropriate within their scope of practice. The surgical technologist also participates in the care of the surgical patient.
Florida Hospital Waterman
Florida Hospital Waterman is a career destination for individuals who feel a calling to help fulfill our mission of providing whole-person care that is highly compassionate and clinically first-rate. Drawn by that mission, team members also appreciate our state-of-the-art hospital, which is strikingly situated on a lovely lakeside campus, approximately 1 hour Northwest of Orlando. In August 2003, the hospital opened the doors of this replacement facility on Hwy 441 in Tavares. The 450,000 square foot, 269-bed acute care facility offers the latest in medical technology. Each patient room is private, and the uniquely designed "clover leaf" patient care units consist of 60 beds per floor. The Emergency Department is sized to accommodate up to 60,000 visits per year.
Florida Hospital Waterman is committed to meeting our region's growing need for advanced comprehensive cardiac care. As part of that commitment, we are expanding our range of services to include interventional cardiology and open heart surgery services. At Florida Hospital Waterman, you'll enjoy a satisfying career and lifestyle as you help carry out our vital mission. We invite you to join our team!
You will be responsible for:
- Providing and maintaining a safe, physical environment
- Adhering to AORN and AAMI Standards when working in the Operating Room and Sterile Processing
- Displaying working knowledge of surgical procedures and equipment/supplies
- Following department and hospital policies and regulatory standards
- Maintaining aseptic technique at all times
- Carrying out responsibilities in appropriate manner
- Working collaboratively as a member of the surgical team
- Managing workload
- Proficient and safe use of equipment
- Must be proficient in the English language
- Sterile Technique
- Knowledge and skills with malignant hyperthermia, surgical site infection prevention, emergency code cart, and high and low level disinfection
- Knowledge and skills with clinical alarms, medication management, isolation precautions, surgical care of patient age (0-100+), fire safety, AIDET, and SBAR
What will you need?
- Graduate of an accredited school of surgical technology required
- Surgical Technology Certification required
- Basic Life Support (BLS)- (Accredited through American Heart Association) required
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Minimum 1 year experience as a Surgical Technologist in an Operating Room required