Medical Front Office Assistant - Internal & Family Med
Req #: 18000243
Location: Calhoun, GA
Job Category: Physician Services
Organization: Gordon Hospital and Murray Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Gordon Hospital is a 69-bed community hospital that is a member of Adventist Health System, the largest not-for-profit Protestant healthcare system in the world. We provide high quality, personalized and compassionate care to its patients and community. Through our dedication to safety, rigorous self-assessment, performance improvement, corporate integrity, and service management, we are committed to being the pre-eminent provider of acute inpatient and outpatient healthcare services for the residents of Calhoun, Gordon County, and surrounding areas.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
The Front Office Associate works under the direct supervision of the Front Office Coordinator, Office Coordinator, and/or Practice Manager, and in cooperation with other office staff in assisting with safe and effective patient care in compliance with established standards and protocols of Gordon Physicians Group, Gordon Hospital, and Adventist Health Systems’ goals and objectives.
Responsible for all front office functions including patient registration, check-in, check-out, collecting copayments, deductibles, and any other patient owed account balance at both check-in and check-out, appointment schedule, answering and directing incoming telephone calls, filing, medical records, and all other duties as assigned by their direct supervisor and/or Practice Manager.
Additional responsibilities include compliance in ensuring all required patient paperwork has been received, completed, updated, and filed into patient record, in accordance to the clinic, Gordon Hospital, Adventist Health Systems, and any other state and/or federally mandated requirements.
- Greets all patients and visitors with a smile in a prompt, courteous, and helpful manner.
- Patient Registration Paperwork – New Patients: Ensures all patient paperwork is completed either prior to or upon patient check-in and prior to patient being seen by provider. Ensures all paperwork is scanned and/or uploaded into patient account/electronic health record (EHR) in a digital format
What will you need?
- Minimum of a high school degree or equivalent required
- Proficiency must be attained via on-the-job training and orientation within three (3) months.
- Use of computers, telephone, fax machine, copier, calculator, adding machine, credit card processing machine, document scanner, and other office equipment necessary to perform required duties as appropriate to the scope of the practice.
- Minimum six (6) months customer service experience in medical office. Graduation from a vocational or other technical school with training or apprenticeship, preferred
- Certification in Front Office Administration, preferred