Certified Central Sterile Processing Tech PRN Days
Req #: 17013919
Location: Tampa, FL
Job Category: Surgery
Organization: Florida Hospital Tampa
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Florida Hospital Tampa
You will be responsible for:
- Demonstrates AHS and Florida Hospital Tampa’s policies, rules and procedures by providing courteous service, assisting lost guests, and problem solving to meet special needs or requests.
- Performs duties in a timely manner and provides updates if delays occur.
- Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers, in person or on the telephone. Prioritizes work through utilization of resource lists.
- Separates and prepares contaminated supplies for cleaning.
- Disassembles, cleans, disinfects and accurately reassembles contaminated instruments and equipment according to product guidelines.
- Prepares, inspects and assembles trays and equipment according to written procedures and infection control guidelines.
- Wraps, labels and seals supplies in accordance to product type.
- Operates and monitors decontamination equipment in accordance with manufacturer guidelines.
- Loads sterilizer carts in accordance with guidelines. Operates and monitors sterilizers, aerators and heat sealers according to manufacturer’s guidelines. Follows guidelines and procedures for sterilization documentation.
- Cleans sterilizers, carts and carriages according to departmental policy.
- Completes daily work routinely and assists others as time allows.
- Demonstrates quality of work at any assignment. Recognized by other team members for dependability. Follows through on all customer requests.
- Acknowledges customers promptly and courteously. Promotes customer satisfaction.
- Anticipates need for assistance. Readily accepts changes to assignments.
- Follows through on daily resource list. Checks in loaners and reports discrepancies. Provides feedback on system changes.
- Utilizes supplies effectively, without waste. Utilizes computer system effectively to adjust count sheets or order supplies. Consistently looks for lost instruments to provide complete sets.
- Prints resource reports as assigned. Demonstrates basic keyboarding skill.
- Completes tray preparation with instrument list and “Hello I am”. Consistently utilizes correct procedure for noting missing items.
- Uses PPE appropriately and universal precautions 100% of the time. Maintains a clean and uncluttered environment.
- Consistently reports equipment concerns that may pose a risk to coworkers.
- Ensures one of a kind and priority instrumentation is readily available.
- Completes mandatory education requirements. Completes a minimum of 3 self-study programs.
- Maintains certification. Demonstrates proficiency in handling a variety of instruments.
What will you need?
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Capable of lifting 35 lbs. independently.
- Prolonged standing.
- Ability to function independently.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- One year experience in processing and sterilization.
- Current status as a certified registered central service technician (CRCST).
- Completion of educational requirements to maintain certification.
- Successful completion of an approved central service technician course or competency certification through national organization (IAHCSMM or NICHSPDP).