Cook Full Time Days
Full Time 36 Hours Per Week. Day Shift
Florida Hospital Fish Memorial
For a young hospital built in 1994, Florida Hospital Fish Memorial has a long history dating back to 1952. Beginning as a humble, 50 bed facility more than six decades ago, we’ve grown to become one of Volusia County’s most comprehensive and trusted healthcare resources. With Florida Hospital's tremendous resources and expertise, our community hospital has continued to thrive due to constantly improving advanced medical technologies and experienced clinical talent.
Through our dedication to excellence we have been recognized as Orlando Sentinel’s "Top 100 Companies for Working Families" for 9 consecutive years. We also received the Performance Achievement Award from the Medicare Quality Improvement Organization of Florida, as well as, the 24th Annual Commissioner’s Business Recognition Award from the Florida Educational Foundation and Florida Department of Education.
As a member of Adventist Health System, Florida Hospital Fish Memorial operates as a not-for-profit organization focused on improving the health of the community it serves. This is a direct reflection of our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ with skill and compassion." Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the beaches in Daytona!
- Follows culinary production records in the preparation of patients and retail food production.
- Small batch cooks and/or cooks to order to ensure quality and temperature of food.
- Checks prep/pull sheets for the following day and pulls/preps foods as needed.
- Prepares attractive and palatable food for patient therapeutic and regular diets in quantities dictated by the food production sheets and room service tickets.
- Prepares food for the café and catering.
- Set up and garnish patient and café steam tables; may also participate in set up and/or serving of catering.
- Maintains sanitary conditions of floors, stove, worktables and other equipment used in the performance of duties; records temperatures appropriately following HACCP Guidelines.
- Assists in putting up stock and maintains rotation of stock, keeps storage areas organized and sanitary, with all foods labeled and dated.
- Minimizes waste of food by following production sheets and correct portioning of food, as well as through rotation of stock and appropriate handling and storage of all food.
- Attends culinary production meetings for effective team communication.
- High school graduate or equivalent is required.
- One year of foodservice experience in a high volume culinary production capacity required.
- Knowledge of cooking methods required.
- Must have ability to read, write, and follow oral and written instruction in English.
- Culinary degree preferred.
- Experience in institutional healthcare or hospitality industry preferred.