Site Materials Supervisor Supply Chain Purchasing Full Time Evening (1-9:30pm)
Req #: 17013809
Location: Tampa, FL
Job Category: Supply Chain/Purchasing
Organization: Florida Hospital Carrollwood
Potential Referral Bonus: $
FT / Evening
Florida Hospital Tampa
You will be responsible for:
- Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers, in person or on the telephone.
- Demonstrates respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships with other departments.
- Promotes the hospital image and maintains a helpful attitude towards employees, physicians, patients, visitors and the community to enhance the hospital’s reputation as a health care center.
- Demonstrates courteous service, assisting lost guests, and problem solving to meet special needs or requests.
- Performs duties in a timely manner and provides updates if delays occur.
- Maintains a professional appearance and manner and adheres to the Florida Hospital dress standards.
- Helps ensure a safe environment for guests and staff.
- Monitors workload to ensure work is being completed in a timely manner and in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures.
- Assist Site Manager in scheduling employees and fill vacancies due to absence.
- Resolves daily operational problems; refers those which cannot be resolved to Site Manager.
- Communicates questions, suggestions and problem status to Site Manager daily.
- Observes work performance of shifts and recommends changes in policies and procedures to Site Manager.
- Works with Inventory Control Coordinator in adding/deleting supply items and changing inventory record data as directed by Management.
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe work area
- Ensures Items are received and restocked in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures.
- Requisitions are printed and accurately picked and delivered in accordance with the issue schedule.
- Sees that Pyxis carts and code carts are neatly organized and accurately counted/replenished in accordance with departmental schedule. Assisting in making revisions, as necessary.
- Works with Central Supply staff to ensure supplies and equipment are available and processed according to policy.
- Ability to run Pyxis reports to analyze par levels, outages and all activities related to Pyxis functions.
- Ensures that routine and ASAP deliveries are correct, timely and are in accordance with departmental delivery procedures and schedule; a receipt signature is obtained, and paperwork is returned to warehouse.
- Trains new employees to ensure familiarity with all phases of work performed.
- Oversees the daily performance of employees; implements training procedures as required and assists Manager with preparation of performance evaluations, counseling and performance improvement plans.
- Performs quality checks on Pyxis units, requisition pulls, and put-away documents, for accuracy.
- Ensures rotation of stock in warehouse and Pyxis units to assist in reduction of waste.
- Respects patient privacy, confidentiality and dignity.
- Demonstrates evidence of continuous professional development.
- Identifies own learning needs and seeks opportunities for self-growth and career advancement.
- Completes annual mandatory in-service, required meetings and continuing education.
What will you need?
- Working knowledge of and ability to operate personal computers in conduct of job responsibilities.
- Working knowledge of and ability to interpret inventory data and reports.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and meet multiple deadlines.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment to react resourcefully under varying conditions.
- Ability to organize and direct the activities of others.
- Ability to lift 35 lbs. independently.
- High school graduate.
- One to two years’ experience in Materials inventory control and/or distribution.
- Associates Degree (Preferred).
- One year in a lead or supervisory capacity (Preferred).