Critical Care Tech (CCT) Emergency Department PRN
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we have received a Mother-Friendly Worksite designation from the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Our 178-bed hospital includes a Level IV Emergency and Trauma Center, Women’s Center, Level II NICU, Sleep Improvement Center, Institute for Advanced Wound Care Healing, Rehabilitation Institute, home health and hospice care. Through our CREATION Health Institute, we also play an active role in offering free health education and community events to help support a healthy lifestyle
You will be responsible for:
- The CCT is responsible for assisting the RN and LVN implementation and planning of patient centered care for all patients on the unit during his/her shift, according to the standards of care of Central Texas Medical Center. Acts as personal care provider by attending to ongoing patient needs including, but not limited to, vital signs, personal care, splinting, transport, maintaining room/floor stock and specimen collection to include phlebotomy. Performs duties under nursing direction to include placement of saline locks independently once competencies completed.
- Responsible for compiling and maintaining accurate documentation on each patient including, but not limited to, spiritual care, supply charges, patient and family teaching, vital signs and graphic record completion.
- The CCT reports patient condition changes, inconsistencies, or other concerns to the registered nurse and/or LVN. Follows all departmental safety policies and procedures regarding patient care and one’s personal protection and patient safety. Develops self professionally and participates in hospital and departmental activities.
- Actively participates in continuous quality improvement. Promotes and participates in teamwork with physicians and personnel of this and other departments. Completes other tasks as assigned.
- Responsible for understanding the registration process and becoming competent at registering incoming patients using the “quick register” function with 100% accuracy.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Certificate of completion from accredited facility for EMT-B, EMT-P, or MA
- Current certificate in C.P.R.