Advanced Respiratory Therapist FT Evenings
Req #: 18000535
Location: Tampa, FL
Job Category: Respiratory Services
Organization: Florida Hospital Carrollwood
Potential Referral Bonus: $
FT Evenings 3-11p
Florida Hospital Tampa
You will be responsible for:
- Proactively initiates process improvement ideas.
- Assists with clinical instruction and precepting, and serves as a resource person to lower level therapists. Supports hospital and department mission, goals, and department metrics.
- Practices standard precautions and enforces safety regulations according to hospital policies on a continual basis.
- Documents and charges for procedures neatly, accurately, thoroughly, and completely to ensure quality standards set by the department and hospital.
- Responds to all Code Blue emergencies immediately providing CPR according to the American Heart Association and performs other duties as directed.
- Performs airway maintenance including: proper use of manual resuscitators, oral and nasal pharyngeal airway insertion, airway suctioning, LMA insertion intubation, extubation, assist with tracheostomy insertion, perform tracheostomy tube change, assist with bronchoscopy, and procedural respiratory support.
- Properly utilizes patient assessment skills, protocols, chart review, and conferring with multidisciplinary team to determine efficacy of therapy in a cost and time efficient manner making appropriate recommendations and changes per protocol.
- Performs respiratory therapies and oxygen delivery therapies and makes recommendations to the most efficient delivery method per protocol.
- Obtains, analyzes and reports findings of blood gases, and co-oximetry.
- Performs quality controls as needed. Setup and Performs oximetry, apnea, TC and ETCO2 monitoring as ordered by physician.
- Initiates, maintains, transports, and monitors mechanical ventilators to include conventional and non-conventional modes of ventilation per policy and procedure.
- Reviews chest radiological reports as necessary per supervisor and policy and procedures.
- Properly performs hemodynamic procedures including: arterial cannulation, assembly, calibration and maintenance; assisting with CVP/pulmonary artery catheter insertion, calibration and maintenance; performs cardiac output and hemodynamic/cardiopulmonary profiles
- Performs other duties as requested by department leadership.
- Initiates, maintains, transports, and monitors intra-aortic balloon pumps.
- Performs autologous blood recovery and operation of cell saver machine.
- Delivers neonatal resuscitation and assists with APGAR scoring at delivery per NRP guidelines.
- Maintains proper equipment in labor / delivery / perinatal areas.
- Provides artificial surfactant replacement.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill to care for the pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patient in a health care delivery system.
What will you need?
- ABG Puncture and Analysis
- Medicated Aerosol Therapies, Bronchial Hygiene Therapies, Lung Expansion Therapies
- Basic Spirometry
- Routine Oxygen Delivery, Devices, and Oximetry
- Hemodynamic Monitoring and Arterial Cannulation
- Intubation, Airway Management, Suctioning
- Conventional / Non-conventional Ventilator Management
- Utilize and adapt to State of the Art Technology, Computer Systems and Applications
- Effective Oral and Written Communication.
- Current BLS certification (or obtain within 90 days of employment.)
- For Adult Care at Appropriate Campus: Autologous Blood Recovery, IABP Management / Transportation
- For Neonatal and Pediatric Experience, NRP, and PALS certification (or obtain within 90 days of employment)
- Graduate of a Respiratory Therapy or Cardiopulmonary Science program
- One year neonatal and pediatric or critical care experience
- Current Florida State License as a Certified Respiratory Therapist.
- Current BLS required. ACLS and PALS must be obtained within 90 days of employment
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (Preferred)