Patient Accounts Specialist Pain Clinic Relief
Req #: 18000651
Location: Shawnee Mission, KS
Job Category: Patient Financial Services
Organization: Shawnee Mission Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Relief, As needed
Shawnee Mission Health
SMH has provided faith-based, whole person care to the Kansas City community since 1962. SMH is more than just a hospital campus. We’re a network of health care facilities working to exceed expectations by delivering quality care with compassion and supporting an exceptional staff of more than 700 physicians representing 50 medical specialties.
Our mission of Improving Health Through Christian Service is achieved each and every day through the dedication and commitment of our associates, physicians and volunteers. We strive to be a regional beacon of wellness, hope and healing attracting customers seeking unsurpassed clinical quality and compassionate care for the whole person, following the example of Christ's healing ministry.
The largest health care provider in Johnson County, Kansas, the SMH network includes SMMC and SMH - Prairie Star and will soon include SMH - Blue Valley, a third major health care facility. Our 54-acre campus at SMMC is comprised of the main hospital, a community health education building, six physician office buildings and an associate child care center. The Emergency Department at SMMC is the busiest in Johnson County. We deliver more babies each year at the Shawnee Mission Birth Center than any other hospital in the metropolitan area and our Center for Women’s Health is nationally recognized. We have seven Shawnee Mission Primary Care locations with more than 30 Board-certified doctors who specialize in family medicine, internal medicine and pediatrics as well as Centra Care Shawnee Mission Urgent Care locations.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Supports the functions of the Revenue Cycle for Shawnee Mission Health.
- Assists in meeting departmental goals in accordance to the hospital strategic plan.
- Communicates progress to leadership.
- Fosters a patient-focused environment in the department; maintaining acceptable standards of service and providing assistance in creating a vision for the area which reflects the vision and values of Shawnee Mission Health.
- Attends all training meetings to ensure that all new policies, procedures and implementations are kept up to date
- Obtains and processes accurate patient demographic and insurance information.
What will you need?
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- No previous experience is required
- Experience in Hospital billing, Accounts Receivable Management, Customer Service Insurance Preferred