Nursing Educator Behavioral Health
Park Ridge Health has provided whole-person care to the Henderson County community for more than 100 years. Inspired by our mission of Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ, we continually look for ways to bring hope, health and healing to the patients we have the honor of caring for. As a member of Adventist Health System, one of the largest faith-based healthcare organizations in the U.S., we also offer world-class opportunities for our team members to learn, grow and serve across the nation.
The Nursing Educator functions as an educational and clinical resource for the Nursing department. The Nursing Educator is responsible for assessment, development, implementation, and evaluation of educational activities (orientations and continuing education). The Nursing Educator facilitates skill development, competency, attainment of standards of care and professional growth for current and incoming nursing staff.
- Develops, reviews, and revises annual nursing staff competencies through the use of various educational activities.
- Provides educational support for changes in care delivery.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of new procedures and/or processes.
- Provides continuing education opportunities as indicated by staff needs and director’s requests.
- Collaborates with directors and other managers with input on staff performance evaluations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- RN license in the State of North Carolina
- BCLS certification
- ACLS and PALS instructor certification
- Minimum of 5 years of recent experience in Behavioral Health