Certified Surgical Tech Surgery Room Full Time Days $2500 Sign on and Relocation Available
Req #: 18001030
Location: Palm Coast, FL
Job Category: Surgery
Organization: Florida Hospital Flagler
Potential Referral Bonus: $3000
FT / Days
Florida Hospital Flagler
At Florida Hospital Flagler, we’re deeply rooted in the community and strive to extend the healing ministry of Christ in everything we do. Our recently constructed, state-of-the-art hospital in Palm Coast, Florida is equipped with the latest technology, specially trained experts, and advanced care centers.
Florida Hospital Flagler is owned and operated by Adventist Health System, a faith-based health care organization. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. At Florida Hospital Flagler, providing the best possible care to our community requires hiring the best possible care providers.
- The Joint Commission has recognized Florida Hospital Flagler as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures.
- Accredited Orthopedic Center of Excellence from The Joint Commission. The Joint Commission has also recognized Florida Hospital Flagler as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures
- Recognized by the American Heart Association as a Platinum-Level Fit-Friendly Worksite
- “A” rating on patient safety from The Leapfrog Group based on our exemplary services, processes and structures.
- Designated Breast Imaging Center of Excellence according to the American College of Radiology (ACR).
- Commission on Cancer Accreditation recognizing commitment to provide exceptional care to patients
- Named a Gallup Great Workplace Award winner for fifth year in a row.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring supplies and equipment are available and in working order for all surgical procedures.
- Assisting in setting up and preparing Operating Room for assigned surgeries.
- Verifying exposure to sterilization process and integrity of sterile packaging. Opens supplies aseptically.
- Establishing and maintaining a sterile field for each surgical procedure.
- Assisting in room turn over.
- Assisting with the safe transfer and positioning of patients when possible.
- During surgical procedures, will anticipate the needs of the surgeon with a consistent level of competency.
- Assisting in stocking rooms and updating supplies.
- Demonstrating ability to operate sterilizer and all equipment in the OR suite.
- Demonstrating good interpersonal skills by a willingness to help others and acceptance of constructive criticism.
- Picking supplies and equipment for surgical cases utilizing physician preference cards.
- May be required to clean, inspect, prepare, wrap and sterilize surgical trays in the SPD area as staffing/volumes require.
What will you need?
- High school graduate
- Graduate of a nursing program or graduate of a scrub tech approved program for Certification required
- One year previous OR Tech experience or graduate from approved Surgical/OR tech school
- Certification is required.
- BLS required