Office Assistant Billing Specialist Family Medicine FT Days
Florida Hospital HealthCare Partners
Florida Hospital HealthCare Partners is an employed physician group that enjoys a mutual partnership with Florida Hospital Deland, Florida Hospital Fish Memorial, Florida Hospital Flagler, Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center, and Florida Hospital Oceanside, based upon the close alignment of our mission and values. If you’re interested in delivering world-class care alongside our team of highly skilled professionals, we encourage you to apply today.
You will be responsible for:
- Has primary responsibility for answering the telephone in a prompt and courteous manner, following established policies and procedures
- Identifies her/himself and the practice
- Takes complete and accurate messages
- Properly triages telephone calls in accordance with policy
- If appropriate, transfers calls in a courteous and professional manner
- Delivers messages in a timely manner
- Schedules, cancels, reschedules, etc., appointments as requested
- Is responsible for check-in of patients
- Confirms, adds, deletes, or makes any changes patient’s insurance and/or personal information in IMPAC and Cerner to ensure accurate billing.
- Obtains patient signatures on required forms, i.e., MSPQ, Consent for Treatment, as appropriate
- Notifies clinical staff that patient has arrived for appointment
- Registers all patient encounters in Cerner and scans in insurance cards.
- Is responsible for check-out of patients:
- Determines the amount due from the patient (co-pay, deductible, percentage, etc.)
- Collects co-pays for treatment and procedures such as CT Scans, MRI’s, PET Scans, etc., enters payment amount into computer, and issues receipt to patient
- Schedules follow-up appointment and procedures and testing for existing patients (i.e.: High Dose Radiation (HDR,) I131, Simulations and Planning CT’s, Biopsies, PET Scans, CT Scans, Hospice Referrals, etc.).
- Ensures exiting patients feel confident that all of their questions and concerns have been or are in the process of being resolved.
- Takes incoming new patient referrals and schedules appointments as appropriate.
- Maintains the appointment schedule to accommodate physician/therapy/nursing requests and/or other conflicts such as vacations, covering for other facilities, meetings, hospital rounds, surgical procedures on and off site, etc. Reschedules patients when physician is unable to meet daily schedule for any reason.
- Calls patients to confirm next day’s appointments. Leaves appropriate messages if unable to reach patient and updates that information into IMPAC.
- Contacts all “no show” patients in an effort to reschedule.
- If unable to reschedule, provides the patient’s chart to the physician for instructions.
- Advises physician of all patients who cancel but do not reschedule and follows physician’s instructions for disposition.
- Prepares and submits specialized billing and insurance claims not handled by the Centralized Billing Office.
- Coordinates billing questions and correspondence between the Centralized Billing Office and the practice’s billing staff.
- If unable to assist patients with financial questions, refers them to the appropriate Centralized Billing Office representative or Social Worker for assistance.
What will you need?
- High school graduation or equivalent required.
- A minimum of two years’ experience required, three years preferred, in a medical office or equivalent with medical terminology, coding, charge entry and payment collection.
- Technical knowledge is needed in the medical insurance billing fields through at least 1 year experience.
- Computer proficiency required.
- Small Office Equipment, i.e. copier, fax, proficiency required.