Medical Assistant Clinic FT Days
Req #: 18000963
Location: Burleson, TX
Job Category: Physician Services
Organization: Huguley Medical Associates
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Texas Health Huguley Hospital Fort Worth South
Operated as a joint venture between Texas Health Resources and Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we were also recognized as one of “150 Great Places to Work” by Becker’s Hospital Review.
Our 224-bed hospital includes a medical ICU, cardiovascular ICU, PCU, open heart surgery center and behavioral health. In addition, we have accredited programs in orthopedics, chest pain, and inpatient diabetes, plus an award-winning emergency department.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for assisting in delivering patient care and performs back office duties.
- Obtains vital signs.
- Records vital values and a brief history in the chart.
- Prepares the patient for the exam by the physician.
- Administers injections.
- Draws blood and performs laboratory tests.
- Assists in office surgery and procedures.
- Must employ universal precautions, in compliance with OSHA standards for exposure control, including personal protective equipment.
- Stocks exam rooms on daily basis.
- Orders medical supplies following purchasing procedures.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Must have completed an education program for preparing medical assistants.
- Current Medical Assistant certification, or experience in lieu of certification, and CPR certification required.
- One year of clinical experience preferred.