Speech/Lang Pathologist PRN
Position is based at Port Orange Pavillion - Offsite Rehab Services Center
Our goal at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center is simple: to offer our patients the absolute best care around, in the most compassionate, community-focused setting possible.
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center consists of two campuses: a 277-bed main hospital in Daytona Beach and a 119-bed hospital in Ormond Beach, as well as our new outpatient facility, located at the Pavilion at Port Orange. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. We are a recipient of the 2012 Governor’s Sterling Award, which is the highest award an organization in Florida can receive for performance excellence.
More than 400 physicians hold privileges to practice at our facilities, and we employ more than 1,700 care-team members. Our specialties include cardiology, cancer, emergency care, surgical services, obstetrics, neurosurgery, stroke care, rehabilitation, weight-loss surgery, imaging, laboratory, home health, wound care, diabetes, hospice, physician practices and women’s services.
Patients and families from across the country appreciate Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center’s unique culture. Our cutting-edge technology is accompanied by the holistic environment and patient-centered care that have defined Florida Hospital for more than a century. Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the Sunshine State’s premier beaches.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Responsible for direct and indirect clinical services in the speech therapy in/outpatient areas. Completes documentation of inpatient evaluations and treatments on the date of service. (Outpatients documentation within one week).
- Attempts initial evaluation of newly assigned inpatients within 24 hours, or documents the reason for the inability to do so in the medical record. Uses appropriate procedures, documents the data using accepted abbreviations, set measurable goals and formulates an individualized plan of care per policy.
- Provides patient/family education and HEP’s for carryover of treatment into the home environment as observed by documentation.
- Provides age appropriate evaluation and intervention techniques to the population served. Completes annual age specific competencies specific to scope of care.
- Regularly scheduled weekday staff will be responsible for the completion of the appropriate sections of the annual performance an appraisal of designated PRN staff in the Speech Therapy area, and collaborates with the Director regarding same.
- Regularly scheduled weekday staff will be responsible for the coordination of the student affiliation program for Speech Therapy providing administrative and clinical supervision for same. Staff not regularly scheduled during the work week, will supervise students as needed.
- Participates in ongoing reviews of speech therapy and rehab policies and procedures, making recommendations to update as appropriate.
- Attends mandatory quarterly staff meetings, or meets with area supervisor or Director before next scheduled work day
What will you need?
- Assists with the selection, development and implementation of new programs in Speech Therapy area.
- Must be proficient in computer use, and comfortable with the EMR. If responsible for evaluating and/or treating OP speech therapy patients, must be comfortable with cognitive/speech computer software, and, use of dictation systems.
- Master’s Degree in Speech-Language Pathology required
- Experience with video-fluoroscopic studies (MBS) preferred
- Current professional license in state of Florida
- Certificate of Clinical Competency (CCC)
- Current BLS