Clinical Dietitian PRN
Per Diem Days
Our goal at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center is simple: to offer our patients the absolute best care around, in the most compassionate, community-focused setting possible.
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center consists of two campuses: a 277-bed main hospital in Daytona Beach and a 119-bed hospital in Ormond Beach, as well as our new outpatient facility, located at the Pavilion at Port Orange. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. We are a recipient of the 2012 Governor’s Sterling Award, which is the highest award an organization in Florida can receive for performance excellence.
More than 400 physicians hold privileges to practice at our facilities, and we employ more than 1,700 care-team members. Our specialties include cardiology, cancer, emergency care, surgical services, obstetrics, neurosurgery, stroke care, rehabilitation, weight-loss surgery, imaging, laboratory, home health, wound care, diabetes, hospice, physician practices and women’s services.
Patients and families from across the country appreciate Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center’s unique culture. Our cutting-edge technology is accompanied by the holistic environment and patient-centered care that have defined Florida Hospital for more than a century. Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the Sunshine State’s premier beaches.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- The Clinical Dietitian works closely with the interdisciplinary health care team to provide nutrition services and medical nutrition therapy that are integrated and compatible with the patient’s medical program goals and objectives.
- Primary responsibilities include developing and implementing nutrition services and medical nutrition therapy using established standards of care and practice protocol/guidelines; managing resources in a cost effective manner; participating in performance improvement efforts; and maintaining professional competency and skills required for professional practice.
- Utilizes hospital policies and procedures to provide timely and appropriate nutrition intervention and therapy within the scope of practice defined by the hospital.
- Develops of a therapeutic plan of specialized nutrition support, including enteral and/or parenteral nutrition.
- Provide recommendations for an individualized plan for nutrition intervention.
- Conducts in-services and educational presentations to hospital/department staff.
- Precepts and trains dietetic interns, nutrition students and new employees
- Assist in budget request and planning as needed
- Adheres to budget restraints, managing resources (time, materials, and staff) in a cost-effective manner.
- Controls costs and minimizes waste
- Precepts, develops and evaluated dietetic interns
- Maintains dietetic registration and continuing education requirements.
- Develops and implements an individualized plan for professional growth and development including participation in professional organizations and activities, workshops, seminars, and staff development programs.
- Other duties as assigned
- One year experience in acute care setting preferred.
- Experience using Cerner electronic medical record-required.
- Must be knowledgeable with the National Research Council’s Recommended Dietary Allowances.
- Must be able to communicate patient nutrition needs to the physician, nursing staff, and other appropriate staff.
- Ability to apply Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Nutrition Care Process.
- Completion of a didactic program in dietetics and supervised practice program approved by the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education (CADE) of the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics (AND).-required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows-required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in dietetics, foods and nutrition, or related area required.
- Registered dietitian (RD) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)-required.
- Florida Department of Health dietitian/nutritionist license-required.