Paramedic in Non-Traditional Practice Setting Part Time
Park Ridge Health has provided whole-person care to the Henderson County community for more than 100 years. Inspired by our mission of Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ, we continually look for ways to bring hope, health and healing to the patients we have the honor of caring for. As a member of Adventist Health System, one of the largest faith-based healthcare organizations in the U.S., we also offer world-class opportunities for our team members to learn, grow and serve across the nation.
Provide direct and indirect patient care in the Emergency Department setting. Assist other nursing staff with daily, basic care, and work to assist with ancillary patient care issues related to transport, laboratory specimens, etc. Process and ensure completion of physician orders, and assist with discharge processing of patients. Provide clerical duties that ensure all patient records are complete, telephones are answered and patients are maintained in a safe and clean environment at all times.
- Provides direct and indirect patient care under the direction of an Emergency Department Physician or Registered Nurse implementing physician protocols.
- Participates in code blue events by performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), synchronized cardioversion, cardiac pacing, or defibrillation as appropriate.
- Provides care to the patient requiring decontamination.
- Inserts gastric tubes and auscultates placement.
- Administers subcutaneous, intravenous and intramuscular injections according to the approved drug list for paramedics.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Current license as Paramedic through Office of Emergency Medical Service required.
- Certified BLS Certification through American Heart Association required.
- Certified Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required within 90 days of hire.
- Certified Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) OR Pediatric Education for Pre-hospital Professionals (PEPP) required within 90 days of hire.