Circulator Main Operating Room PRN Days
Req #: 18001291
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Under the direction of the Director Surgical Services, the Circulator is a registered professional nurse who has responsibility for the effective implementation of the philosophy, goals, policies, and procedures of the hospital and the critical care department and their effect on patient care in the department for a predetermined shift. The Circulator adheres to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. All duties are performed in accordance with established departmental and Hospital policies and procedures. This position actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all, while implementing the principles of Florida Hospital
Manages individualized, goal directed nursing care through use of the nursing process and the principles of primary nursing in accordance with departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assesses and diagnoses patient and family needs in order to provide quality care to assigned patients.
· Develops, discusses and communicates a plan of care for each patient, in collaboration with each patient/family/significant other in order to address all identified needs.
· Demonstrates the skills and judgment necessary to implement medical plan of care, nursing interventions and procedures as necessary for the care of the patient.
· Evaluates the identified problems, care provided and patient's responses are reassessed in order to meet patient and family needs to ensure overall quality of care delivered.
· Maintains up to date and accurate documentation of nursing care provided to ensure the integration of information for use by the healthcare team, to ensure quality care.
· Maintains current knowledge/certification/licensure per hospital policy. Pursues professional growth and development.
· Functions as a role model for current and new staff.
· Performs all responsibilities/duties required by the Surgical Services Director and/or Surgical Services physicians as defined in the scope of service to ensure that the unique nature of the patient is addressed.
· Attends all required Safety Training programs and can describe his/her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety, specific job related hazards.
· Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Bloodborne and Airborne Pathogens.
· Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible and courteous environment.
· Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a department/unit team inter and intra departmentally to facilitate the department's/unit's ability to meet its goals and objectivesQualifications
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Demonstrated proficiency in acute care nursing, knowledge and skills.
· At least five (5) years circulating and/or scrub experience required in a multi-specialty setting.
· At least 3 years endoscopy experience preferred.
· Previous experience and working knowledge of computerized documentation preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Bachelors in nursing preferred.
· CNOR preferred
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current FL RN license upon hire
· ACLS Certification upon hire
· BLS Certification upon hire
· Four hours Hip and Knee Replacement Education within 6 months of hire date, then annually
· 2 hours of Stroke Education within 6 months of hire date, then 1 hour annually