Hospice Aide Offsite PRN Days
At Florida Hospital Flagler, we’re deeply rooted in the community and strive to extend the healing ministry of Christ in everything we do. Our recently constructed, state-of-the-art hospital in Palm Coast, Florida is equipped with the latest technology, specially trained experts, and advanced care centers.
Florida Hospital Flagler is owned and operated by Adventist Health System, a faith-based health care organization. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. At Florida Hospital Flagler, providing the best possible care to our community requires hiring the best possible care providers.
• The Joint Commission has recognized Florida Hospital Flagler as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures.
• Accredited Orthopedic Center of Excellence from The Joint Commission. The Joint Commission has also recognized Florida Hospital Flagler as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures
• Recognized by the American Heart Association as a Platinum-Level Fit-Friendly Worksite
• “A” rating on patient safety from The Leapfrog Group based on our exemplary services, processes and structures.
• Designated Breast Imaging Center of Excellence according to the American College of Radiology (ACR).
• Commission on Cancer Accreditation recognizing commitment to provide exceptional care to patients
• Named a Gallup Great Workplace Award winner for fifth year in a row.
We offer career opportunities in a variety of setting from physician office practices, to acute care, home care and hospice. If Florida Hospital Flagler sounds like your next career destination, we encourage you to apply today at https://ahs.taleo.net/careersection/95flagler/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en&src=cws-10380
You will be responsible for:
- The Hospice Aide is responsible for attending to personal care needs of the terminally ill patient and supportive care for the caregiver to promote comfort.
- The Hospice Aide works under the direct supervision of the Hospice Registered Nurse/Case Manager.
- The Hospice Aide follows the direction of the Hospice Aide care plan developed by the Patient Care Manager and the Hospice Registered Nurse/Case manager.
- The Hospice Aide can provide care in the patient’s home, Nursing Homes, ALF’s and Inpatient Hospice units.
What will you need?
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must have 6 months experience in the health care field
- Must maintain at least 12 contact hours of education annually
- Certified Nursing Aide certificate recognized by the State of Florida Board of Nursing or
- Hospice Aide training from an approved 75 hour training course
- BLS Card
- Must maintain active Driver’s license and auto insurance