LVN or Paramedic Emergency Department Part Time Evenings
Req #: 18000518
Location: Burleson, TX
Job Category: Patient Care
Organization: Texas Health Huguley FWS
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Our Mission is to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Employees are hired to help Adventist Health System extend the healing ministry of Christ. They are expected to exhibit a continuous behavior of professionalism, which includes but is not limited to, treating customers and co-workers with respect and dignity, aligning behavior with customer service principles, maintaining customer and patient confidentiality, abiding by employee guidelines for professional behavior, appearance, and communication, exhibiting teamwork behaviors, being effective in conflict resolution, helping others to understand issues and accept changes, demonstrating high standards of work performance and flexibility, maintaining positive interdepartmental relationships, keeping a positive attitude, and adhering to the policies and procedures of the organization.
- The Texas Health Huguley Emergency Department (ED) is a 29 bed ED. The ED is divided into three areas; one area with 16 beds (1 psych rooms, 2 critical care rooms and 13 exam rooms) the second area with 8 exam rooms, and the 3rd area with 5 recliners to accommodate ESI level 4-5 patients. The ED is a Trauma Level IV designated trauma center, Chest Pain Center with primary PCI, and Primary Stroke Center.
- The ED Registration Tech is a certified healthcare provider that provides direct patient centered care in a critical care area as part of a multidisciplinary team. The ED Registration Tech provides patient-centered care to a population within the age range of newborn to geriatric.
- The ED Registration Tech works full time, part time or PRN. Variable shifts to meet the needs of the department which operates 24 hour a day, seven days a week. Weekend work is required.
The ED Registration Tech performs a wide variety of job duties during their shifts; promotes and restores patients’ health by collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members, providing emotional, physical and spiritual support to the patients and their families.
The ED Registration Tech is under the supervision of the Nurse Manager and the assigned Nurse Leaders as well as Registration leadership. Actual roles and tasks may vary depending upon the area assigned. Will be required to attend any Registration meeting and training requirements as assigned.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES DURING REGISTRATION ASSIGNMENTS :
- Welcome patients to Texas Health Huguley Hospital Emergency Department
- Check-in patients to Emergency Department
- Set up Palm Scanning
Complete registration process (gather patient insurance and demographics) as needed
PRINCIPLE JOB DUTIES WHEN ASSIGNED IN TECH POSITION ED:
- Performs, properly documents and reports all procedures in accordance with departmental and hospital policy
- Recognizes potential emergency/life threatening situations and notifies Nurse Leader or ED Provider
- Demonstrates skill and judgement necessary to implement physician’s orders, procedures and protocols of care, and provide quality patient care
- Remains flexible to changing systems, is expected to demonstrate quality and effectiveness in work habits and treat staff, physicians, patients and families with consideration and respect
- Understands computer downtime procedures
- Understands the Computerized Physician Order Entry (CPOE) process and proficiently uses the electronic medical record (EMR) for retrieval of patient information
- Performs safe patient care by utilizing the PPID processes.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and protects patient’s health information
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by effectively communicating information, responding to requests, building rapport, participating in team problem solving methods
- Has knowledge of and understands current TJC Standards for the clinical aspect of the department
- Advocates for the patients and promotes healthy teamwork with the multidisciplinary team
- Is proactive in efforts to facilitate patient flow through the ED
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment by complying with policies and procedures
- Maintains licensure, skills and education required to work in the ED
- Positively supports Performance Improvement (PI) in the ED
- Attends mandatory scheduled staff meetings
- Attends mandatory trainings/in-services/skills labs/education opportunities
- Participates in providing patient specific care standards as directed, and follows service excellence standards to ensure high levels of patient satisfaction
- Reports suspected abuse to Nurse Leader
- Performs treatments and general patient care within scope of practice and under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse or Licensed Vocational Nurse
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the Emergency Department
What you will need:
- Current Texas certification or registry as EMT-Paramedic
- BLS (Basic Life Support) - upon hire
- CPI (Nonviolent Crisis Intervention) – within the first six months of hire
- IV therapy class – within the first three months of hire
Skills to maintain an effective working relationships with health professionals and others to create an environment that is conducive to carrying out the mission of the facility
- Skills to communicate (verbal and written) effectively to direct the overall professional nursing services in a manner which encourages the open exchange of ideas and information