Respiratory Therapist III Full Time Days
Full Time Days
Florida Hospital Fish Memorial
For a young hospital built in 1994, Florida Hospital Fish Memorial has a long history dating back to 1952. Beginning as a humble, 50 bed facility more than six decades ago, we’ve grown to become one of Volusia County’s most comprehensive and trusted healthcare resources. With Florida Hospital's tremendous resources and expertise, our community hospital has continued to thrive due to constantly improving advanced medical technologies and experienced clinical talent.
Through our dedication to excellence we have been recognized as Orlando Sentinel’s "Top 100 Companies for Working Families" for 9 consecutive years. We also received the Performance Achievement Award from the Medicare Quality Improvement Organization of Florida, as well as, the 24th Annual Commissioner’s Business Recognition Award from the Florida Educational Foundation and Florida Department of Education.
As a member of Adventist Health System, Florida Hospital Fish Memorial operates as a not-for-profit organization focused on improving the health of the community it serves. This is a direct reflection of our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ with skill and compassion." Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the beaches in Daytona!Qualifications
- Supervises the delivery of cardiopulmonary care in accordance with applicable policy and procedure. Ensures the effectiveness of therapist assessment and reassessment by monitoring patient progress. Recommends change in respiratory plan of care according to documented medical necessity and within the confines of established protocols.
- Monitors, instructs and coaches patient before, during and after treatment delivery. Prevents and/or resolves untoward side effects. Adjusts therapies according to protocol and documented clinical criteria. Makes and/or recommends changes based on pulse oximetry, peak flow measurement, chest x-ray, lab work and other data relevant to optimal patient progress.
- Serves as resource to staff. Trains and instructs cardiopulmonary and other staff. Helps to supervise student preceptorship program. May serve as BLS, ACLS, PALS and/or NRP instructor.
- Maintains a supportive atmosphere conducive to quality care, department growth, staff development and high morale.
- Initiates and maintains mechanical ventilation. Determines or guides the determination of ventilator mode and settings. Reevaluates patient/ventilator interface a minimum of every four hours. Responds to alarms and otherwise troubleshoots as needed. Establishes weaning readiness and facilitates weaning process. Adjusts ventilator in accordance with patient progress.
- Draws and analyzes arterial blood gases which may include Lactic Acid. Places arterial lines. Makes or recommends changes in respiratory management according to blood gas results.
- Responds to emergencies including Code STEMI, Rapid Response and Code Blues; establishes and maintains airway, performs CPR.
- Operates as support staff for cardiopulmonary diagnostics. This may include performing: cardiac stress testing under direct physician supervision, setting up and discontinuing holter monitors, electrocardiograms, pulmonary function testing and electroencephalograms.
- Additional services may include: Conscious sedation, broncho thermaplasty, bedside bronchoscopy, endobronchial ultrasound, navigational bronchoscopy, trans-radial band removal
- Must be registered (RRT) or certified (CRT) prior to 2000 by the National Board for Respiratory Care.
- Current BLS required
- ACLS, NRP and PALS must be obtained within 90 days of hire
- Must have a valid Florida license issued by the Agency for Healthcare Administration of Florida.
- Must have a minimum 3 years of hospital experience as RRT or > 8 years of experience as CRT and at least 1 year of critical care.
- Must be a graduate of an approved respiratory care program; Associates degree or equivalent is required.