Nurse Manager RN Mother Baby Unit FT Days
Req #: 18002031
Location: Shawnee Mission, KS
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Shawnee Mission Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $
SMH has provided faith-based, whole person care to the Kansas City community since 1962. SMH is more than just a hospital campus. We’re a network of health care facilities working to exceed expectations by delivering quality care with compassion and supporting an exceptional staff of more than 700 physicians representing 50 medical specialties.
Our mission of Improving Health Through Christian Service is achieved each and every day through the dedication and commitment of our associates, physicians and volunteers. We strive to be a regional beacon of wellness, hope and healing attracting customers seeking unsurpassed clinical quality and compassionate care for the whole person, following the example of Christ's healing ministry.
The largest health care provider in Johnson County, Kansas, the SMH network includes Shawnee Mission Medical Center, SMH – Overland Park and SMH – Prairie Star. The 54-acre campus at SMMC is comprised of the main hospital, a community health education building, six physician office buildings and an associate child care center. The Emergency Department at SMMC is the busiest in Johnson County. We deliver more babies each year at the Shawnee Mission Birth Center than any other hospital in the metropolitan area and our Center for Women’s Health is nationally recognized. We have 10 Shawnee Mission Primary Care locations with more than 70 Board-certified doctors who specialize in family medicine, internal medicine and pediatrics as well as Centra Care Shawnee Mission Urgent Care and Spira Care locations.
You will be responsible for:
- Provides leadership direction to staff, patients and all members of the healthcare team.
- Establishes goals and priorities for team and directs the efforts of staff toward accomplishment of objectives.
- Recognizes and acts on growth opportunities to advance the hospital’s mission and vision.
- Resolves problems quickly and in a manner that preserves the integrity of those involved.
- Inspires staff to move in a direction that supports the strategic plan, promotes evidence-based practice and supports teamwork and respect for diverse interests, needs and values.
- Participates in marketing and/or community service activities that enhance the image of Shawnee Mission Health.
- Places patient safety at the center of all leadership decisions made.
- Accepts accountability for problem-solving issues and work with members of the healthcare team to resolve concerns.
- Develops, implements and evaluates policies, standards of practice and programs that support the department.
- Analyzes and monitors compliance with accrediting and regulatory agencies.
- Recognizes the importance of professional contributions through national specialty certification, formal education advancement and professional organization membership.
- Utilizes critical thinking skills to analyze problems and develop solutions that align with the organization’s mission, vision and values.
- Demonstrates expertise in planning resources to respond to financial goals of the organization.
- Creates and manages operating and capital budgets to provide for departmental needs.
- Initiates activities to enhance revenues and support cost reduction and containment.
- Proactively monitors key performance indicators and make appropriate adjustments to processes.
- Leverages the strengths and skills of others in order to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Utilizes work time effectively and adhere to established deadlines.
- Establishes forms of communication to keep staff apprised of activities and practice changes.
- Attends all organizational meetings, in-services and mandatory training in order to remain aware of all activities and changes and provide information to my staff.
- Provides suggestions, insights and performance feedback in a manner that is constructive and actionable.
What will you need?
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited school of nursing
- Kansas Registered Nurse License
- Master’s degree Preferred
- Up to 1 year of Position-Related Experience Preferred
- BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association Preferred