Director Materials Management FT Days
Florida Hospital New Smyrna:
Since 1954, Florida Hospital New Smyrna (formerly Bert Fish Medical Center) has served as the community hospital for Southeast Volusia County. Our more than 700 employees use an impressive array of technology and years of knowledge to provide exceptional care for every patient – every day. We offer a wide range of services, including a surgery program, radiology, an oncology center, cardiovascular services, a wound care center, outpatient diagnostic services, and one of the busiest emergency departments of any hospital our size.
You will be responsible for:
- Plans, organizes and directs the Materials Management functions for the entire hospital including purchasing, receiving, distribution and storage of supplies.
- Responsible for the signing and overall compliance of the hospital to equipment and supply contracts.
- Responsible for the acquisition of equipment and supplies for all new construction.
- Responsible to adhere to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance plan, to the rules and regulations of all applicable Local, State and Federal agencies, and to the standards of all accrediting bodies.
- Oversee the centralized procurement of all supplies, equipment and services including those purchased directly by departments.
- Organize and oversee receiving and storeroom operations, assuring timely and accurate distribution of materials and proper storage of materials.
- Review par levels set for minimum and maximum unit for each stock item.
- Advise, negotiate and be a general resource to all departments in reference to new construction, equipment, supplies and service.
- Develops and prepares annual operating budget and ensures department operates within allocated funds.
- Serves as consultant to department Directors during annual budget preparation.
- Continually review cost effective measures in departments and inventory throughout the hospital.
- Ensures that department complies with all policies and procedures in reference to Safety and Risk Management for Materials Management.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required and/or work experience equivalent.
- Five (5) years of management experience with a minimum of three (3) years as director or similar capacity.
- CMRP (Certified Materials Resource Professional) preferred