Admitting Representative Part Time Day
Part Time, Days
Florida Hospital Fish Memorial
For a young hospital built in 1994, Florida Hospital Fish Memorial has a long history dating back to 1952. Beginning as a humble, 50 bed facility more than six decades ago, we’ve grown to become one of Volusia County’s most comprehensive and trusted healthcare resources. With Florida Hospital's tremendous resources and expertise, our community hospital has continued to thrive due to constantly improving advanced medical technologies and experienced clinical talent.
Through our dedication to excellence we have been recognized as Orlando Sentinel’s "Top 100 Companies for Working Families" for 9 consecutive years. We also received the Performance Achievement Award from the Medicare Quality Improvement Organization of Florida, as well as, the 24th Annual Commissioner’s Business Recognition Award from the Florida Educational Foundation and Florida Department of Education.
As a member of Adventist Health System, Florida Hospital Fish Memorial operates as a not-for-profit organization focused on improving the health of the community it serves. This is a direct reflection of our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ with skill and compassion." Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the beaches in Daytona!Qualifications
- Obtains demographic/ insurance information through patient and/or family member interviews.
- Ensures patient orders are received when needed and include the required information including physician signature, diagnosis and ordered tests
- Knowledge of Insurance Companies and requirements to obtain authorizations.
- Collects all Co-Pays and Deductibles due at time of service.
- Assist as needed to answer phones at Florida Hospital Imaging.
- Assist as needed in the scheduling of outpatient examinations.
- Process and print CD’s, reports, and film requests.
- Maintains a high level of Radiology knowledge to complete the Registration process in a timely and effective manner
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Computer skills - data entry, spreadsheet skills, basic mathematical skills.
- Many patients and families are under stress and tact is required to handle patient interaction.
- Excellent customer service skills are required.
- Good communication skills are necessary.
- Must have knowledge of medical technology.
- One year medical experience preferred, but not required.